Drink Prices

tbill

The more I think about the fact that I'm expected to pay $12 for a drink that barley has a shot in it the more steamed I get. In Las Vegas I get a frozen drink by the yard for $9 or $10, fair price. My daughter gets a homemade sangria, Merlo, Peach Snapps, Blackberry Brandy, Triple Sec, Vodka in a 16 oz glass for $10 (and that includes the fresh fruit in it too). For RCI to charge $12 for a frozen drink that probably doesn't even have one full shot in it is an insult. It is just unjustifiable!

I don't need to hear if I don't like it I don't need to buy it. I am well aware. That is not the point!

Edited by tbill

... For RCI to charge $12 for a frozen drink that probably doesn't even have one full shot in it is an insult. It is just unjustifiable!...

The drinks we have gotten have a full shot, I see them measure.

Just returned from Jewel. We had not cruised with Royal since 2014. Could not believe drink prices are now $10, plus 18 percent tip. Too high. On the bright side we were allowed to bring our own bottle of wine to dinner. Saved big with that.

Dennis

On princess cruise this fall, we were able to take a bottle of wine on board from ports we visited - nobody took it away - has anyone done that with success on RC - yes, I know I can take 2 bottles on board on boarding

On princess cruise this fall, we were able to take a bottle of wine on board from ports we visited - nobody took it away - has anyone done that with success on RC - yes, I know I can take 2 bottles on board on boarding

If they find it, they will take it away.

Yeah, we will bring on some wine, we will have some drinks included with suite perks, and if I really want a drink I will order one. We are not big drinkers to start with. I just don't agree with the "raping" this cruise line seems to give you at every turn.

Do people voice their complaints about alcohol pricing to RC as much as they do here? Maybe RC would get the message then..

It's not about getting any message, it's about profits. As long people keep paying for the packages and drinks, and filling the ships, then the prices will keep going up.

Edited by clarea

Do people voice their complaints about alcohol pricing to RC as much as they do here? Maybe RC would get the message then..

I will voice my complaint on the comment card (if they still even use them) but I don't believe they really act on anything you say anyway.

I would anyway. I received a personal response once for a compliment I left. Never know. First thing that comes to mind would be a Facebook page against their alcohol pricing policy, a "no alcohol" boycott for a week, etc. I highly doubt withholding alcohol during a cruise is going to mess up their vacation.

Between the huge increase on the cruise prices and the price of drinks now, I am sad to say that this will be our last cruise :( It has gotten way out of hand. Hopefully someday it will get back to reason but I doubt it.

I just said to my husband this morning, can't we change this vacation to 2 weeks at an all inclusive instead. I know we really can't because we would lose a lot of money now but between all of the increases and extras, and now the ship being sailed right into the path of a major storm, it has really soured me on cruising and especially Royal!

I just said to my husband this morning, can't we change this vacation to 2 weeks at an all inclusive instead. I know we really can't because we would lose a lot of money now but between all of the increases and extras, and now the ship being sailed right into the path of a major storm, it has really soured me on cruising and especially Royal!

Be very careful looking at an all inclusive. Make sure you check it all out. With that said you don't need to go to the most expensive ones. I found one that is very highly recommended with great reviews at a much better price then cruising. I LOVE cruising but I can't justify these prices, especially with gas prices so low right now. :eek:

Be very careful looking at an all inclusive. Make sure you check it all out. With that said you don't need to go to the most expensive ones. I found one that is very highly recommended with great reviews at a much better price then cruising. I LOVE cruising but I can't justify these prices, especially with gas prices so low right now. :eek:

Right, and they are truly "all-inclusive". We really like Couples Negril.

T

I don't need to hear if I don't like it I don't need to buy it. I am well aware. That is not the point!

Ok, I'll bite. This is a topic that has been beaten to death. And you have participated. So, What IS your point?

Edited by papaflamingo

Are you serious? Your husband was trying to surprise you and all you have done is complain to him and pretty much anyone else who will listen to your diatribes.

Poor guy he just can't seem to win, I feel for him.

###

Are you serious? Your husband was trying to surprise you and all you have done is complain to him and pretty much anyone else who will listen to your diatribes.

Poor guy he just can't seem to win, I feel for him.

###

The "poor guy" isn't happy about all this crap either. He didn't realize what a money milking vacation cruising has become. He is not happy about getting on this ship now either, especially after last night. So save your pity.