LIVE from The Anthem of the Seas - February 6, 2016

bedazzler

Hi all,

Just got news that the ship is heading back to Bayonne and should arrive Wednesday at 6am.

Not sure what this means for the rest of our trip as we had planned to stay in NYC until the 15th for an extended Valentine's Day. Hoping RCI can take care of moving the flights up or the extra hotel time (hoping to move the flights up as I definitely didn't pack enough clothes for 4 extra days of winter and to recoup work vacation time that I don't need to spend anymore).

This cruise is gratis as well as we will each be receiving a 50% off future cruise coupon.

Hi all,

Just got news that the ship is heading back to Bayonne and should arrive Wednesday at 6am.

Not sure what this means for the rest of our trip as we had planned to stay in NYC until the 15th for an extended Valentine's Day. Hoping RCI can take care of moving the flights up or the extra hotel time (hoping to move the flights up as I definitely didn't pack enough clothes for 4 extra days of winter and to recoup work vacation time that I don't need to spend anymore).

This cruise is gratis as well as we will each be receiving a 50% off future cruise coupon.

Ooof! Glad that everyone is safe and sorry to hear about the outcome of your vacation.

It sounds like they're doing what they can to compensate you.

When life gives you lemons ....

Make the most out of your vacation time in New York.

Maybe take the money that you would have spent on this cruise and use half of it towards some time in the city. Then use the other half to pay the other 50% of your future cruise.

I don't know how it pans out statistically, but I feel they cruising is the safest (and most enjoyable) way to travel.

I hope this experience doesn't taint that idea for you.

I'm sure for many first time cruisers and some others, this will, but perspective is always important in these circumstances.

Best wishes!

Thank you so much for all of the updates and I'm so sorry for the unfortunate outcome. I thought of you instantly when I heard the news this morning. I'm glad everyone is safe. I love your "standing during the storm" pic. This will definitely go down as a future "I was on that ship when..." story. You've kept a great attitude during the whole situation.

I am glad everyone is safe!! I was reading the thread last night (all through the night) that KarinaGW started. I can't even imagine how scary that most have been!! I did appreciate your updates, photo and video!

I am sorry your birthday gift didn't go as planned!! Hopefully you can make the most of your time together until he has to go back home.

Hi all,

So very sorry this has happened to you, and the rest of the passengers. You could hear your excitement in your pre-cruise. Unfortunately there must be tons if damage they have to repair, and thank goodness you are all safe.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Safe return home. Only one day to go. Unfortunately, NJ is getting a dump of snow tonight. I hope the dock and cars in Bayonne will be cleared for you to get home safely. I think of what our troops did back in WW2 on ships as not as sturdy as what you are on. I cant imagine how it was for you and your family back home but safe return! I saw an interesting article today on NJ dot com about how the storm was predicted. So, you will gave a unique story to retell for a long time to come. Safe travels!

Edited by FireStation46

Thanks for the updates and so glad to hear that you and everyone else is okay. So sorry this happened on your cruise. We went through Hurricane Noel a few years ago and I know how scary it can be, but your experience even sounded worse. Best wishes and safe return to port!

Hi all,

Bless your heart, you are a trooper, love your pictures. :)

I'm sorry everyone's cruise got blown away, and RCL is doing right by you all, I hope you have some fun in NYC.

Start planning that next cruise.

Hi again everyone.

I've rebooked our flights to leave out of JFK on Wednesday afternoon. Had to spend $600 to move everything (and Royal isn't compensating flights since they reimbursed the whole cruise), but we both think it's probably better to try and recoup the work vacation days for future use.

Johnny and I rebooked this cruise for December 16. Same ship, same itinerary. Except this time we'll be in a Grand Suite and joined with his whole family (diamond and diamond plus members). Maybe I'll report live again then [emoji12]

Hi again everyone.

I've rebooked our flights to leave out of JFK on Wednesday afternoon. Had to spend $600 to move everything (and Royal isn't compensating flights since they reimbursed the whole cruise), but we both think it's probably better to try and recoup the work vacation days for future use.

Johnny and I rebooked this cruise for December 16. Same ship, same itinerary. Except this time we'll be in a Grand Suite and joined with his whole family (diamond and diamond plus members). Maybe I'll report live again then [emoji12]

Yay! So glad to hear that you've rebooked already. So sorry for the unfortunate events.

Enjoy the rest of your time on the ship and glad you got such a great cabin for the next sailing!

Hi again everyone.

Atta girl - I just adore your spirit :)

Hi again everyone.

Your positive outlook is so refreshing!!

I hope you are able to do the live review in December, I will definitely follow along with you again :)

Hi again everyone.

Did you happen to take the cruise insurance? They more than likely will cover the cost to fly home early if you did.

Did you happen to take the cruise insurance? They more than likely will cover the cost to fly home early if you did.

They'll cover the difference if it costs more to fly home early, not the cost of the flight which was the individual's responsibility to begin with.

They'll cover the difference if it costs more to fly home early, not the cost of the flight which was the individual's responsibility to begin with.

I did purchase the cruise insurance through Royal Caribbean. After talking with them on the phone/guest services for hours (and racking up a $400 phone bill charged to the room - which thankfully is free since everyone had to change their plans) nobody could tell me that it was covered...just that it would be covered if I had purchased airfare through RCCL, which I didn't because I had FF points.

Hi again everyone.

I hope you have a fabulous time in December! :)

Latest Update from the Captain:

Picking up the pilot at 6pm tomorrow, docking at 9pm in Bayonne, and we can either do express disembarkation up till midnight tomorrow, or stay onboard until Thursday morning when it will be regular disembarkation. They'll also have free shuttles to EWR.

The girl at guest services (activities staff who is manning the outside as they're not letting anyone get into guest services...) said that the cruise line will pay any airline change fees, but not for an actual new ticket. So my new ticket I purchased for tomorrow at noon will be out of my own pocket (or my insurance) but if there's a fee to move that to Thursday, RCI will pick up the tab.

Apparently there will be a show on channel 22 on the ship starting at 10pm with more information.