Anthem of the Seas - "Riding the Storm Out"

AdvGirl

I am opening this thread for anyone on the Feb 6th Anthem of the Seas cruise to post any of there Storm thoughts pictures or videos. We all went through the something most of us will never forget. Let's save this moments and thoughts here.

First, above all else I am so thankful we are all safe. I feel the captain and crew did what the needed to keep us safe and it worked. There are doubters on social media that this storm was as bad as has been reported. For us that were onboard we know it was bad. Although being stuck in my stateroom a good portion of yesterday till this morning was not my first choice, it was the right choice. I think the passengers for the most part have been very upbeat. Maybe that New York spirt spirit is shing through.

As of right now I have no idea what is ahead for the rest of the cruise. There is a lot of speculation. There is some damage to the ship that can not be repaired by the crew - that being said she will need some port time to get things back to normal. Royal is thinking about us but also the next group of cruisers. We have bad weather to the North and developing weather to the south so I really have no idea what Royal is going to do. They just opened up WiFi for no charge. I could see a couple of days in port so outside help can get on board and get the ship ready for her next cruise. Or as some have speculated we could be disembarked at our next port stop. I am keeping an open mind and plan to go with the flow.

Also please remember a lot of the crew onboard was just as scared as many of the passengers, what we went through is not normal cruising. Even the Capt. said yesterday was his worst day at sea - that says a lot.

Been following as much as possible on social media. So happy you are seemingly ok as you can be after that unreal experience. The pictures of the damage is sad but repairable. Humans are not-what a great outlook most of you have.

It's being reported that the ship is heading back to New Jersey.

"A Royal Caribbean cruise ship headed from New Jersey to Florida encountered rough seas and high winds in the Atlantic Ocean Sunday, forcing frightened passengers into their cabins overnight as their belongings flew about and winds howled outside. Those onboard described waves as high as 30 feet, but the cruise line says no one was injured and the ship suffered minor damage and was safe to remain at sea.

It was initially expected that the ship would continue to Port Canaveral, but officials announced Monday that the Anthem of the Seas would turn around and sail back to Cape Liberty, New Jersey."

http://abc7ny.com/news/cruise-ship-headed-to-florida-encounters-rough-seas-will-return-to-nj/1191555/

It's being reported that the ship is heading back to New Jersey.

"A Royal Caribbean cruise ship headed from New Jersey to Florida encountered rough seas and high winds in the Atlantic Ocean Sunday, forcing frightened passengers into their cabins overnight as their belongings flew about and winds howled outside. Those onboard described waves as high as 30 feet, but the cruise line says no one was injured and the ship suffered minor damage and was safe to remain at sea.

It was initially expected that the ship would continue to Port Canaveral, but officials announced Monday that the Anthem of the Seas would turn around and sail back to Cape Liberty, New Jersey."

http://abc7ny.com/news/cruise-ship-headed-to-florida-encounters-rough-seas-will-return-to-nj/1191555/

Yes, she will arrive at Cape Liberty around 6:30 A.M. on Wednesday, February 10.

Passengers will receive a full refund plus a 50% FCC.

Yes, she will arrive at Cape Liberty around 6:30 A.M. on Wednesday, February 10.

Carol that is wonderful, full refund plus a 50% FCC, very nice! And a story to have for the rest of your life if you were onboard! Happy everyone is safe and sound. Will be sailing on her March 7th, hoping to bump into maybe on a cruise this year?.....K.O.:)

Carol that is wonderful, full refund plus a 50% FCC, very nice! And a story to have for the rest of your life if you were onboard! Happy everyone is safe and sound. Will be sailing on her March 7th, hoping to bump into maybe on a cruise this year?.....K.O.:)

I am opening this thread for anyone on the Feb 6th Anthem of the Seas cruise to post any of there Storm thoughts pictures or videos. We all went through the something most of us will never forget. Let's save this moments and thoughts here.

Thank goodness, I was getting concerned that it had been over an hour since tha last new "Anthem Storm" thread had been created.:eek: I thought CC was malfunctioning!

It is easy to Monday morning quarterback any decision. In this case the capitain was watching the storm very closely. At 10am they made plans to go around the system or skirt it. All predictions at that point where for much less then we actually got. The captain said he had never experienced a storm intensify as fast as this storm did. He had and interview with the cruise director and said that at one point the winds were almost 180mph. I think everyone was surprised by the intensity and speed of this storm. So I will give them a pass - I think Mother Nature through the Anthem a Curve Ball and luckily the Capt was able to bunt.

The only bad thing for some of us that flew to New Jersey, is we now have rebook our flights home, or hotel it for three days until our normal departure. I think I will try and rebook and see what my travel insurance will do to help off set the cost of canceled trip.

Edited by AdvGirl

Thank goodness, I was getting concerned that it had been over an hour since tha last new "Anthem Storm" thread had been created.:eek: I thought CC was malfunctioning!

LOL...no doubt, I am sure you were extremely concerned, I mean after all you are on here 24/7 making your presence known on virtually every thread. :rolleyes:

:D

I think plenty of people who are on the ship have already shared their stories on what has turned out to be the main thread for the Anthem incident.

Edited by Cruzin-K

So glad that everyone is safe and it so pathetic that all of these people are making negative comments. If I were in the same situation as these people were, I would be talking too! It is good to talk about it even therapeutic and there are people that are just shooting it all down. Who cares if there are 50 threads about it? If you do not like what people are saying ( and this is to the respondents not the OP) then go onto something else. I am glad that everyone is safe and unfortunately this incident happened, I am sure that it was not one persons fault that it did.... circumstances are what they are but the ones that are sitting on the sidelines are now judge and jury... give me a break!

Hopefully this one bad experience will not tarnish cruising for you in future.

Was that really necessary? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OK, riddle me this, was his remark to the OP necessary ?? If you gonna dish it out you have to take it. A few of the posters on here seem to think their views are the only ones that matter and bully others who post. In this particular case, a cruiser started a thread, something they are entitled to do....regardless if it does not pass the Bob and Carol apprentice moderator test.

Edited by rolloman

LOL...no doubt, I am sure you were extremely concerned, I mean after all you are on here 24/7 making your presence known on virtually every thread. :rolleyes:

Was that really necessary? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Agree....no need for rudeness by Rolloman.

Bob is very knowledgeable and well respected. He gives very valuable input. Nothing wrong with a little humor along he way.

Agree....no need for rudeness by Rolloman.

Bob is very knowledgeable and well respected. He gives very valuable input. Nothing wrong with a little humor along he way.

I just told him today that he, unlike me, was very good at controlling his sarcasm.