Cruise ship funnies

As we were entering the Windjammer today, the man next to me who appeared to be in his late 30s, got out his sea pass card and was trying to scan it under the hand sanitizer dispenser! I was trying so hard not to laugh! Finally, a crew member politely corrected him.

Also, this is the third time my wife and I have sailed the Enchantment. As we were boarding my wife says "What was the name of the theatre on board? The Opium?" I said, "I think you mean the Orpheum." We are still laughing over that!

What funny cruise story can you share?

On my husband's first cruise with me, on the second day we were in the elevator. It had "Monday" on the floor. He said "yesterday we were in the Sunday elevator". lol

That is funny! Sadly, they are missing the days of the week in the elevator this time :(

Being Australian we are quite often amused at some of the questions we are asked.

On one of our cruises we were asked by a retired American Geography teacher, what part of Texas is Australia? Followed by 'Where is Australia?'

Another time, I was asked if all Australians 'aspire to be like us Americans'!!

Australians speak 'such good English' (as opposed to being Austrian)

How intelligent are those Kangaroos? (my husband always has a good response involving them taking an IQ test on a computer)

Australia is so far away....

Being Australian we are quite often amused at some of the questions we are asked.

On one of our cruises we were asked by a retired American Geography teacher, what part of Texas is Australia? Followed by 'Where is Australia?'

Another time, I was asked if all Australians 'aspire to be like us Americans'!!

Australians speak 'such good English' (as opposed to being Austrian)

How intelligent are those Kangaroos? (my husband always has a good response involving them taking an IQ test on a computer)

Australia is so far away....

We get asked similar questions being Canadian. My favourite: "Do you have hot dogs in Canada?"

Day 6 of a cruise....someone was complaining about the soda package. The complaint was that they make you carry the cup everywhere you go, and if you forget it, you can't get soda. I said, you can just go to any bar, and they will give you a soda without a cup, and she said, no, that not the way it works! (just to note, the ship did not have freestyle machines yet!!!!)

A few years ago on one of our cruises I got up in the morning and could not open the cabin door. It didn't matter what I tried, that door was not opening. I called maintenance and told them the problem. They said they would send someone right away. After waiting for about 10 or 15 minutes I called back. The person I spoke with put me on hold. When he came back on the line he informed me that the maintenance people were outside my cabin door but did not know what to do because I had a do not disturb sign on the door. I still crack up when I think of this.