Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

Bring it to Bayonne!!! Great pictures!

It would be great if they could. I have seen posts saying it cannot make it under the Verrazano and others that say it can. On the internet I found details that said

" All ships at sea are built to pass under three major gateway bridges: the Golden Gate in San Francisco, which has a clearance of 220 feet; the Verrazano in New York, with a clearance of 228 feet; and the Store Belt west of Copenhagen, which has a clearance of 213 feet."

Of course that would mean that they would have to retract the funnels and run at full speed which I have heard actually drops the ship deeper into the water. Not sure if that would be acceptable in a harbor as busy as New York/New Jersey.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to this ongoing question?

Lots of blocks behind the scenes at today's keel laying ceremony.

This ship is almost complete! :D

2014-05-09T125656Z_884794635_PM1EA5912WZ01_RTRMADP_3_FRANCE-STX.jpg

Photo by REUTERS_Stephane Mahe

Edited by Lloyd555

I think I'm going to actually like this thread as much as the Quantum of the Sea thread. I missed the building of the first two Oasis class ships.

Yes! And I'm in on this one from the very beginning! No catching up on 90 pages of posts this time :D

I'm extremely pleased that this one is out in the open, hopefully meaning many more photo updates on progress.

There will be a new ship ready to book every few years now! What's a cruising enthusiast to do!

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Start printing up some money? LOL

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Lloyd - Thanks for starting the new thread and posting pictures.

Has anyone seen hints of the ship name yet? Another big secrete and here we go again.

Maybe Dream or Dawn since everyone else has one. Just kidding around.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Here's a link to a story from last year about the various names RCCL has trademarked for future use:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5137

Quantum and Anthem are obviously known now.

The other TMs appear to be dead for now, but who knows if they will be brought back to life for O3, O4 or Q3

I hope they don't use Passion of the Seas or Pulse of the Seas. I would feel terrible about referring to a RCI ship in forum shorthand as POS! :eek::p

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

I hope they don't use Passion of the Seas or Pulse of the Seas. I would feel terrible about referring to a RCI ship in forum shorthand as POS! :eek::p

Eric

LOL! Have to agree with you. Actually thought either name was pretty cool until I read your post about the abbreviation! :cool::eek:

Woohoo, let's get the party started! So excited to follow the Oasis III. Does anyone know if they have a webcam?

Oh, no. After the Oasis and Allure webcams along with the three at Port Everglades, I don't think I can handle another!