First time cruiser - C&A question

loricfam

We will be taking our first RCI cruise in March. I've read on these boards about the Crown and Anchor loyalty program. I looked it up on the RCI website, but I still have some questions. Can I sign up for this now or do I have to wait until we get back home? We are staying in a Royal Family Suite. Do we get double points? Is it one point per night of sailing, so for our 7 night cruise we would get 14 points? Do my kids get their own points? Any info or insights you have about the program is appreciated!

We will be taking our first RCI cruise in March. I've read on these boards about the Crown and Anchor loyalty program. I looked it up on the RCI website, but I still have some questions. Can I sign up for this now or do I have to wait until we get back home? We are staying in a Royal Family Suite. Do we get double points? Is it one point per night of sailing, so for our 7 night cruise we would get 14 points? Do my kids get their own points? Any info or insights you have about the program is appreciated!

You can sign up now, but you won't get any perks until you complete your first cruise. All guests in the suite would get 14 points for a 7-night cruise.

C&A benefits:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Edited by clarea

From the RCI website: Enrolling in the Crown & Anchor Society is simple. All you need to do is enroll online at RoyalCaribbean.com/CrownandAnchor and receive your membership number right away.

The RFS will earn you 2 points per night. Everyone in the cabin will earn 2 points for the cruise. From the RCI website here is an explanation of the Enhanced Program for Suite Guests

I am curious if I take my Mom down to Loyalty ambassador when we are on Brilliance and sign her up for C&A any chance I might get some points for getting her to sign up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That would be nice but....highly unlikely!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am curious if I take my Mom down to Loyalty ambassador when we are on Brilliance and sign her up for C&A any chance I might get some points for getting her to sign up!

No. You do not earn points for signing up somebody else.

If it's her first cruise, you can get $25 OBC:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=345&faqSubjectName=Membership+Online+&faqId=4736

they do now allow people to get a C&A number prior to their first cruise.

you will have zero amenities or perks as you will not have any real status until after the completion of your first cruise.

points are ONLY granted to people with a C&A number. so you would have to sign each person up individually.

yes suites get double points.

Clarea now I read your imput I think actually I did try to do this but it didn't seem like it took. Thanks all for info. I"ll walk down with her and see if she is registered 1st timer if not I'll blame on my non knowledge and live with $25 OBC to pay for drinks.

they do now allow people to get a C&A number prior to their first cruise.

This is not true. You can sign up and get your number before you've even taken your first cruise. I know this because I have done it.

You won't get any perks until you've earnt at least 3 points - that means your first cruise needs to be 3 nights or more (or you need to have stayed in a suite if the cruise was less nights than this) for you to start getting your 'gold status perks' on your second cruise. My upcoming cruise is my first RCI cruise. I was looking at doing a little 2-night cruise out of Brisbane to kick off my C&A membership, but I noticed that I would have needed to be in a suite to get the necessary points to access the C&A perks for my March cruise. Unfortunately, the suites sold out too quickly and I missed my opportunity. Oh well.

Enjoy the cruise and the suite privileges. Not worth worrying about C&A membership IMO if this is your first cruise.

It is a good loyalty scheme but the real benefits only kick in after you have done a few cruises. You can enrol at any time and still benefit from the points gained from previously cruises. These are never lost hence I don't see the urgency in registering.

One benefit with C&A membership is that you get an improved customer service as there is one contact email and phone number through which you can channel your enquiries and even feedback. These are then routed to the appropriate department. I use this quite a lot, quoting my C&A number.

they do now allow people to get a C&A number prior to their first cruise....

This is not true. You can sign up and get your number before you've even taken your first cruise. I know this because I have done it.....

Just in case someone is confused, you both said the same thing.

Edited by clarea

Sooooo, it's our first cruise and I have already signed up and gotten a C and A number. Our friends are coming with us and are first time cruisers as well. They have not signed up for C and A (at least I don't THINK) so. Do you think that I could get the $25 OBC if I take them to sign up for C and A on our cruise?

Sooooo, it's our first cruise and I have already signed up and gotten a C and A number. Our friends are coming with us and are first time cruisers as well. They have not signed up for C and A (at least I don't THINK) so. Do you think that I could get the $25 OBC if I take them to sign up for C and A on our cruise?

The $25 is for someone taking their first cruise on Royal, not for signing up for C&A. I'm not sure the $25 OBC promo could be applied to another first time cruiser (you), but since you have a C&A number, try to sign up your friends here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/BringaFriend

The $25 is for someone taking their first cruise on Royal, not for signing up for C&A. I'm not sure the $25 OBC promo could be applied to another first time cruiser (you), but since you have a C&A number, try to sign up your friends here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/BringaFriend

Ok. Sounds good. Will let you know the outcome when I know. It's just one of those things that they say "Just ask. The worst they can say is 'no.'"

Edited by CookieDiva

Ok. Sounds good. Will let you know the outcome when I know. It's just one of those things that they say "Just ask. The worst they can say is 'no.'"

That's right, and after you enter the info on Royal's website, the status will usually stay in the pending state until a week or two before the cruise, so don't get discouraged.

Depends on how close you are to achieving the next level. I have 22 points. 14 would get me to the next level (which is at the 30 point level), which would mean a little bit more perks on my next cruise.

What are 14 points worth to anyone on their next cruise please

That's right, and after you enter the info on Royal's website, the status will usually stay in the pending state until a week or two before the cruise, so don't get discouraged.

Thanks for the heads up Bob.

Just read all of the terms and conditions of the program and it says nothing about how the C&A member that's doing the referring has to have sailed on RCI before. (I'll bet that you see that added before long. It IS kind of odd that you can become a member of a loyalty program if you've never used the product before. But that's RCI's doing, not mine.)

I'm going to give it a try. As I said, I'll let you know how it goes.