Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

East Coast storm is heinous. Captain has sent everyone to their cabins.

....the ship is dealing with 115mph winds and severe seas. Watching out our balcony is exhilarating and terrifying. Much water came though the deck doors on deck 5 before they shut the watertights. The captain is holding the ship in place against the wind possibly by sheer will. My cabin is making weird noises. At least we have 2 bottles of champagne. Hugs to all.

I've been through some decent storms and, yeah...it's a little concerning. To it it mildly.

New update from CD ...Capt's busy.

Winds have pickeed up a little more but things are "okay".

They're letting us have free movies.

Right now, we are all in our cabins. Watching the ship cameras on tv is eery.everyone is so busy keeping the ship on keel, i'm not sure anyone has given thought to much else.

The Schooner is probably down 50%?of its glassware *before* they sent us all in.

prayers to all onboard.

Keep us all posted. And post some videos after the storm is over.

And for whoever suggested free drinks. Not sure I agree, thinking in a dangerous situation alcohol would be the last thing needed. Even though it would be the first thing.

Maybe AFTER the storm!!!

Latest update from CD "ship is maintaing as she was designed to do" 2-3 more hours of this.

Its not quite sideways, but walking from the bathroom to the balcony door can take quite the effort.

Visibity is so bad, videoing would accomplish little. However, we're on deck 7 and the waves look to be eye level.

Edited by KarinaGW

On board now and it's crazy scary. Captain should have sailed around the storm instead of trying to beat the storm and getting us trapped in it. The ship is almost sideways. It's crazy.

And last cruise, whingers were screaming, "Why couldn't he just go straight through it?"

:eek:

On board now and it's crazy scary. Captain should have sailed around the storm instead of trying to beat the storm and getting us trapped in it. The ship is almost sideways. It's crazy.

I guarantee you that if Captain Anders had been able to do that, he would have.

I'm sure the decision was that simple.:rolleyes:

We're on Eastern time.since it became serious enough to send us to our cabins at around 3pm (5:30 now), the kitchens may not have been in full swing yet. I imagine they're pretty tightened up by now.

Right now the botoom of my curtain is about 15 inches from the slider.

Weirdly, it's actually getting vaguely boring.

We're on deck 11, everything's fallen on the floor, broken glass and crockery everywhere plus one wardrobe door has come off its hinges. It's as bad as anything I've ever been in if not worse.

I hope you guys all make it through without harm. I am sure the Captain knows what he is doing and I am also sure he didn't just decide to randomly sail through a storm! He is a highly skilled individual so trust him and don't second guess his decisions.

After the storm for those that are not too sick - enjoy a nice strong cocktail and tell tales. When this is all over - you will have a heck of a story to share!

Gosh I hadn't even thought about people being sea sick!! Do you think is there is too much damage the ship will return back to Cape Liberty?

I am betting the ship itself will not be damaged - just maybe dishes and stuff. I would think they could resupply at the next port of call.

Gosh I hadn't even thought about people being sea sick!! Do you think is there is too much damage the ship will return back to Cape Liberty?

They put out the barf bags late morning. At 2:50, they cancelled the running performance of We Will Rock You for safety reasons. When i think about it, it was closer to 3:30 when they sent us to our cabins.