Greek weather in March

I've just booked Aegean Titans on March 23rd 2016. Now worried about the weather in the Greek Islands in March. Has anyone been that way at that time and can tell me what it's likely to be like please?

Have been twice in April. Only way I can describe it is variable. We've had sun, showers and wind, sometimes all in the same day :). Temperatures usually high teens, which we find better for sightseeing anyway. Was much easier to explore Athens than when I'd been before in August. Got some time sitting in the sun though, in a nice sheltered spot. Visited Turkey too on both cruises and the weather there was generally slightly warmer and sunnier.

We've really enjoyed it both times and would go again at that time but wouldn't expect full days of 'bikini' weather.

I've just booked Aegean Titans on March 23rd 2016. Now worried about the weather in the Greek Islands in March. Has anyone been that way at that time and can tell me what it's likely to be like please?

Never mind the weather. Will Greece be open in March? We go in September and I wonder how we will find it.:confused:

Never mind the weather. Will Greece be open in March? We go in September and I wonder how we will find it.:confused:

The season in Greece runs into early October. Not sure when it starts though.

We went on a cruise thru the suez in feb 2011 and due to the egypt situation had it changedaround and called at rhodes, the old town opened upspecially as they heard the celebration was coming and we had a great day weather was brilliant, we are on agean titans on the 6th of april

We went on a cruise thru the suez in feb 2011 and due to the egypt situation had it changedaround and called at rhodes, the old town opened upspecially as they heard the celebration was coming and we had a great day weather was brilliant, we are on agean titans on the 6th of april

Was that the Celebration repo cruise from Sharm to Naples?

I recall it got a bit choppy around Cyprus. The only time I have ever suffered on a cruise!

Edited by Malch_uk

Was that the Celebration repo cruise from Sharm to Naples?

I recall it got a bit choppy around Cyprus. The only time I have ever suffered on a cruise!

It was was bad around cyprus,it was a nightmare at naples airport, i have a video of the pilot getting on the ship in the messina straights, i remember a woman having a g at the polish captain about the port changes

Thank you all. It sounds as though ŵe won't have to worry too much about the weather. We don't lay around on sunloungers although we do like to sit on deck. Even if we have to wear jumpers.

Ancient Wonders last October - we were almost caught in torrential rain in Athens which caused flash flooding with cars being swept away !!!

Managed to hop on a bus back to the ship in time.

You pays your money and you takes your chances !!!