Anyone booked Discovery yet ?

mrs deccawoman said is it that "new" hand me down always seem to acquire ?

yes my beloved one but it does seem to have a climbing wall :)

well she replied that is me out !:cool:

I have been climbing walls with you for the last 30 yrs :eek:

onwards and upwards :)

Stevie :D

An elderly man in Florida had

owned a large farm for several years.

He had a large pond in the back.

It was properly shaped for

swimming, so he fixed it up nice with picnic tables,

horseshoe courts, and some orange, and lime trees.

One evening the old farmer

decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there

for a while, and look it over.

He grabbed a five-gallon

bucket to bring back some fruit. As he neared the pond, he

heard voices shouting and laughing with glee.

As he came closer, he saw it

was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in

his pond.

He made the women aware of his

presence and they all went to the deep end.

One of the women shouted to

him, 'we're not coming out

until you leave!'

The old man frowned,

'I didn't come down

here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of

the pond naked.. '

Holding the bucket up he said,

'I'm here to feed the

alligator.'

Some old men can still think

fast.

Stevie:rolleyes:

I have - and yes it is a bit pricey!

But I get to fly from Aberdeen (with its very limited number of flights), and we also plan to spend our 30th anniversary on the Amalfi coast.

What's not to like? :)

We have booked for 2 weeks next September by which time they will have hopefully dealt with any teething troubles. There were a lot of plumbing issues when they took over the Dream from Costa and there were issues about the show team when they took over the Majesty. But Thomson resolved those issues in time and I am sure they will resolve anything unexpected on the Discovery too. There will be some ports we have been to and some that we have not been to on our itinerary. It will be a different kind of ship to the ones we are used to and I am looking forward to the experience.

I think the plumbing issues with Dream might have been due to her sitting in dry dock for a long time (weeks/months?) while they repaired the hull damage caused by crashing into the quayside at Sharm el Shiek. There was extensive damage below the waterline and some crew members were drowned. A sad business and i don't know if there have been any inquiry results.

When P & O launched Ventura everyone said to avoid a new ship for a year to allow everything to settle.

Having been on both Ventura and the Dream in their first years service I can say that I wouldn't have missed either for the world and hope to have the same experience aboard Discovery from August 6th next year! Can't wait as not cruising this year so am already very excited!

Booked for next July. Got the drinks package and an executive suite all for less than we paid for a balcony cabin on Dream last year, cant wait.

Just a quick one any body if i book a deluxe balcony on deck 7 on thomson explorer and pay the £42 to pick a cabin will that enable me to have a stern balcony thank,s :cool:

Hi, if it's the grade that you booked in stern deck 7 yes. We have booked a stern junior suite after paying the £42.

Hi SUZYPAULB thanks for the reply, have spoken to my local thom,s shop who also contacted the cabin people in south wale,s and the answer was yes if i paid the £42 but it is a four berth cabin, but if a family of four wanted it or two couple,s wanted to share :eek: then we would have to go to a two berth balcony what ever is left, the chance you take,as we know the discovery is home basing Barbados 2016-17 so could pitch a tent on the sun deck thank,s again :cool:

We tried to book a 4 berth cabin for 2 people and the cabin dept said they don't allow that only available for 3/4 people we paid to prebook too, as we booked 2 cabins for 5 adults so we have a four berth and 2 berth next to each other

• 4 weeks later...