Explorer of the seas concierge lounge question

Hi All,

Just returned from a cruise on Oasis of the Seas. We were upgraded to a Loft suite ( yes they are AWESOME ) which gave us access to the concierge lounge. we enjoyed a light lunch and wine there every day. Now looking at booking a trip on the Explorer of the Seas. My question is : would the lounges offer the same services. Does not mention lunch on the web site at all on the explorer.. Oasis had waiters there with a light snack menu or you could order from the dining room menu. Same on both ships?

Hi All,

Just returned from a cruise on Oasis of the Seas. We were upgraded to a Loft suite ( yes they are AWESOME ) which gave us access to the concierge lounge. we enjoyed a light lunch and wine there every day. Now looking at booking a trip on the Explorer of the Seas. My question is : would the lounges offer the same services. Does not mention lunch on the web site at all on the explorer.. Oasis had waiters there with a light snack menu or you could order from the dining room menu. Same on both ships?

No, only Allure and Oasis have that service in the Concierge Lounge.

on EN..:

for Breakfast, basically upgraded continental.. shaved salmon, pastries, a truly scrumptious cranberry bread, fruit, toast, bagels. there was a self serve toaster as well.. butter and cream cheese. Pitchers full of orange juice( which got really watery really fast as the ice melted)

long about 1030/1100 this was removed and replaced with a large platter of small finger sandwiches and another platter of fruit. the OJ was replaced by iced tea and lemonade( and ice water)

Mid afternoon, we got cookies... ( and fruit)

cocktail hour had a variety of hot and cold appetizers plus the Bartender doing his thing. oh and the fruit.. included chocolate covered strawberries the size of my palm.

all in all, enough to tide you over if you were feeling a mite peckish or weren't that hungry in the first place. I really liked the opportunity to just grab a small bite in passing to get me through until lunch officially started...I tend to be a 'grazer'..lots of little things throughout the day.

So no wine available during the early afternoon on the Explorer, only during the evening?

Correct. All the ships have their cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm. Oasis and Allure are unique in that they have expanded food and beverage services during breakfast and lunch.

Thank You for the quick replies.

The afternoon cheese plate and glass of wine was really nice. have to rethink the bump from JS to GS.

The cheese plate is available for free from room service.

Thank You for the quick replies.

The afternoon cheese plate and glass of wine was really nice. have to rethink the bump from JS to GS.

Food and wine at lunch aren't the only differences. There is also a big difference in the ambiance of the CL. If I remember correctly, Explorer's CL is an indoor area with no windows. It is also much smaller.

I did chuckle a little at thinking you were basing your decision on a glass of wine and cheese plate. There has to more to it than that!

Correct. All the ships have their cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm. Oasis and Allure are unique in that they have expanded food and beverage services during breakfast and lunch.

Hello

We are in March first time in a Grand Suite on the Explorer OTS and are really excited.

What drinks are served during the cocktail hour in the CL?

Included also real cocktails? If yes which?

I'm a big fan of cocktails.

Thanks for the answer.

Food and wine at lunch aren't the only differences. There is also a big difference in the ambiance of the CL. If I remember correctly, Explorer's CL is an indoor area with no windows. It is also much smaller.

I did chuckle a little at thinking you were basing your decision on a glass of wine and cheese plate. There has to more to it than that!

Especially since now you can bring on 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I'd take the JS, bring the wine, order a cheese plate, and pocket the $1,000 or more.

Hello

We are in March first time in a Grand Suite on the Explorer OTS and are really excited.

Thanks for the answer.

They offer simple mixed drinks (w/ tonic, club, sodas, etc) and sometimes I have seen Cosmopolitans and Lemon drop martinis. No frozen drinks or fancy cocktails.

Hello

Thanks for the answer.

I can only give you our experience on EN:

hubby got JD and coke( more JD than coke) and I saw a few other easy mix cocktails, just don't ask me what since I don't have a clue what goes into any of them. the house wine is la Terre( some people call it swill, I call it worth the price you pay.. which is free.. anything free tastes good, right?! ) and there were cans of soda available( I had ginger ale a few nights due to rough seas)

That would be me! I did book the GS, nice to have the extra room. I knew after the Oasis it would be hard to match. Really was a perfect cruise. But that one was all about the ship. This will be about the destination.

OK, I'm confused. I didn't think the Explorer had a CL or Diamond Lounge but offered a "nightly event..." Can someone un-confuse me?? Thanks!

Right now the Explorer only has a CL on deck 9. A DL will be added sometime in 2014, so until then there will be the nightly Diamond Event for Diamonds. D+, Pinnacle and full suites will be hanging out in the CL.

Edited by BillB48

• 3 years later...

Have they changed to Suite lounge only or will Diamond plus still be able to access. We are going on 6/3/2016 to Alaska and are cabins are across the hall, would convenient before Dinner.

Thanks

Have they changed to Suite lounge only or will Diamond plus still be able to access. We are going on 6/3/2016 to Alaska and are cabins are across the hall, would convenient before Dinner.

Thanks

From 16-May-2016 to 22-Apr-2017

Deck 9 (no view of the Ocean) Concierge Club

Guests staying in Grand Suite-level rooms and higher, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy access to this lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks.

Deck 14 (next to Viking Crown Lounge) Diamond Club

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy access to this lounge, created to serve these loyal guests with concierge access, complimentary continental breakfast, and evening drinks.

Thank you, I heard rumors the Concierge Club was changing. We have been on the Liberty and looks like the Diamond Club is the same, we did enjoy the the ocean views,

From 16-May-2016 to 22-Apr-2017

Deck 9 (no view of the Ocean) Concierge Club

Guests staying in Grand Suite-level rooms and higher, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy access to this lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks.

Deck 14 (next to Viking Crown Lounge) Diamond Club

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy access to this lounge, created to serve these loyal guests with concierge access, complimentary continental breakfast, and evening drinks.