Adonia 4 Jan 2012

tom_uk

Tom, the Adonia is on its way to Falmouth for repairs, should arrive there on Friday. It will depart Southampton on the 13th. No-one has actually said what repairs are needed but someone reported it has an oil leak.

Ah yes; I'd forgotten. Presumably the 'current cruise' (D201) the one that's been cancelled. I've been looking at the itinerary information on the P&O site, and that's still got all the D201 information!

They're being very slow about updating their website: not only is this information still up there, but they haven't revised the ship description ("Family friendly...") or deck plans for Oriana following her refit.

Just off Adonia yesterday.

Passengers going on the Xmas cruise and continuing on the 10 day cruise were informed a few days before they left.

Lucky them is all I can say!!! I bet most of them wre glad to not have another boring 10 days. Not a good cruise and the worst complainers ever were onboard!

Not the itinerary we were supposed to have - most of that for the better. Entertainment was just abominable - I cant believe P&O could do so badly on a Xmas cruise.

Will do a report when I get sorted out.

Caryl

Ah yes; I'd forgotten. Presumably the 'current cruise' (D201) the one that's been cancelled. I've been looking at the itinerary information on the P&O site, and that's still got all the D201 information!

They're being very slow about updating their website: not only is this information still up there, but they haven't revised the ship description ("Family friendly...") or deck plans for Oriana following her refit.

They have always been slow with updating the website. The virtual tour for Ventura still shows the trapeze, which was removed 2 years ago, and the trampolines which have recently been removed.

The info for Oriana will probably get updated some time in 2013, and the new ship will probably be on there a year or so after launch. :rolleyes:

Tom, the Adonia is on its way to Falmouth for repairs, should arrive there on Friday. It will depart Southampton on the 13th. No-one has actually said what repairs are needed but someone reported it has an oil leak.

Any more information as to when it arrives in Falmouth? Looking at the webcam, it is still at sea. And I can't find its whereabouts on the AIS live website.

Any more information as to when it arrives in Falmouth? Looking at the webcam, it is still at sea. And I can't find its whereabouts on the AIS live website.

I red somewhere that she's due into Falmouth at noon tomorrow. As regards AIS, I think she's currently somewhere in the Bay, and therefore out of AIS reception range. I expect she'll pop back into (AIS) view sometime this evening as she nears Ushant.

We disembarked Adonia in Venice on the 6 December.

What I cannot understand is if the Italians are so good at building new cruise ships why they were unable to repair Adonia during the three days it was berthed in Venice i.e. 5th - 7th December ?

We disembarked Adonia in Venice on the 6 December.

What I cannot understand is if the Italians are so good at building new cruise ships why they were unable to repair Adonia during the three days it was berthed in Venice i.e. 5th - 7th December ?

she had to be out of the water for the repair to take place.. Falmouth was the only thing the office could book in 2 weeks notice..

welshred that was not my review of the Adonia, although I concur with some of the comments. Our view was when we were walking back to the ship from the vaperato public taxi, adjacent to the cruise terminal. The comment about the ages of passengers was a little below the belt, Iam 73 amy wife 66 but we did not refer to the other passengers as "youngsters". If Mr. Maine wants to go on a "younger passenger ship" he should try a Carnival boat or an MSC ship, then he may appreciate the advantages of having "older" travellers on board.The desk personnel were not that forth coming , but with an Executive Purser , who did not respond to my question on day 1, leading them it was not wonder they did not perform as expected.Also there seems to be a culture of running the ships for the benfit of the crew not the passengers, clearing away tables while someone is still eating,vacuuming around chairs,shutting down serving areas spot on time i.e designated closure time.Crew taking seats on shuttle bus's so passengers have to wait.Officers walking past with no aknowledgement to you , a passenger,cabin crew who do not introduce themselves.These are comments not only on P&O but on Celebrity and Costa.

Maybe there was a crew change before the 20th Dec cruise there was no hurry to finish meals, officers were all very chatty our waiters and our cabin steward al lintroduced themselves and were sweethearts.

Admittedly I haven't a clue who our Head Waiter was but then I am not sure what his function is any way!

• 3 months later...
Just off Adonia yesterday.

Passengers going on the Xmas cruise and continuing on the 10 day cruise were informed a few days before they left.

Lucky them is all I can say!!! I bet most of them wre glad to not have another boring 10 days. Not a good cruise and the worst complainers ever were onboard!

Not the itinerary we were supposed to have - most of that for the better. Entertainment was just abominable - I cant believe P&O could do so badly on a Xmas cruise.

Will do a report when I get sorted out.

Caryl

This was my first ever cruise and I may have been one of the complainers.

Final cruise bore absolutely no resemblance to cruise booked. Felt it was overpriced considering all the destinations omitted.

Didn't complain as such but wrote a letter expressing my dis-satisfaction. Got a £200 credit to a futire cruise but not sure I would cruise with P&O again. whilst the waieters and cabin staff were lovely we felt that the pursers etc were uninterested and unfriendly.

Trying Celebrity next

Archived