Need advice for day back from cruise/Port Canaveral

mmsoko

Family of 5 disembarks cruise in Port Canaveral.

Flight back to Michigan isn't until 6 am the next day from MCO

Need advice on shuttle, best place to stay and how to spend the day.

Know you CC er's will have great advice.

Family of 5 disembarks cruise in Port Canaveral.

Flight back to Michigan isn't until 6 am the next day from MCO

Need advice on shuttle, best place to stay and how to spend the day.

Know you CC er's will have great advice.

Well, your options would be:

1) Stay in Cape Canaveral (see Kennedy Space Center on debarkation day) rental car to airport early next am.

2) Rental car to WDW. Stay at a resort, early Magical Express bus next morning to MCO.

3) Go to MCO, stay at MCO Hyatt. Rest up from early morning on debarkation morning, swim, have nice dinner. You're already at the airport for early flight next morning.

4) Any other combination of these.

I'm basically with the others above. Rent a car. This enables you to go anywhere you want. Options would include the space center, the new springs area of Downtown Disney, one of the Disney water parks, etc. I wouldn't consider doing a theme park for a one day ticket--way too costly!

I would stay at a hotel in the MCO area, but not in the airport. The Hyatt MCO is convenient, but it is quite expensive. You pay for the car for 24 hours, so again, it is easy to stay off airport property. Some of our favorites are the Country Inn and Suites and the Hyatt Place NW. Both have decent outdoor pools. Gas up the car the evening before, and in the morning just drive over to MCO for your before dawn flight. Car return is on property, right across the driveway from the terminal.

Unless you have big plans, don't get off the ship till about 9. Have a nice leisurely breakfast before disembarkation.

Edited by moki'smommy

No, but you could take Disney's Magical Express to a resort and get one day park tickets. Or just enjoy the pool at your resort.

Magical Express is a complimentary service from MCO to a WDW resort and return. From the cruise terminal to WDW, you would need to use DCL transfers at $35 per person. At that price, a rental car or private towncar service is less costly AND you wouldn't have to wait for the bus. Yes, if you stayed at a WDW resort, you could take Magical Express back to the airport. They require you to depart 3 hours before your flight, so in this case the family would depart the resort at 3 am. That sounds painful!

Magical Express is a complimentary service from MCO to a WDW resort and return. From the cruise terminal to WDW' date=' you would need to use DCL transfers at $35 per person. At that price, a rental car or private towncar service is less costly AND you wouldn't have to wait for the bus. Yes, if you stayed at a WDW resort, you could take Magical Express back to the airport. They require you to depart 3 hours before your flight, so in this case the family would depart the resort at 3 am. That sounds painful![/quote']

Yes I meant DCL transfer... Tired and posting too late at night! We tend to stick with Disney transportation just because it's easy for us, and reliable, even though it's not the cheapest option.

And yeah that would be horrifyingly early the next morning. Like I said I'm tired and wasn't thinking about how early their flight is!