cruise discount when booking while on cruise

mominhouston

MOST of the time it is 10% off the current cruise fare portion of the ticket. It does not apply to all cruises--there are "black out" cruises over holidays and occasional other sailings that DCL decides to block.

We have seen specials go to 20% (for sure, I booked one of those)...and maybe even a higher one that I'm not sure about. These tend to be cruises that are not filling but are not yet at penalty date.

You also get a small onboard credit and a reduced deposit.

DCL does not permit any travel agent or organization to discount their cruises. They can, however, give an onboard credit or other perk as a "thanks for booking with us" gift. Some give an amount based on a percentage of the cruise fare while others have a standard gift based on type of cabin and length of cruise. I believe certain big box stores give a gift card with a value of a percentage of the cruise.

Another way to get a "discount" is to shop at Target using their "red card" to purchase Disney gift cards at a 5% discount. Then use the gift cards to pay for the cruise.

Yes, the 10% onboard booking discount is generally the best "deal" available. This is even better if purchased as a future cruise certificate and applied to a day one booking. (generally opening day has the lowest prices). And of course these can both be handled thru a TA and paid off using Target/Disney gift cards. Note--the discounted gift cards are only available at certain times of the year.

Thanks for the response. we booked our last cruise while on ship but I could not recall the discount percentage. We also gave them our awesome TA info and it was the same price. We use her because she makes it easy and books all of our stuff for us.