Getting from Walt Disney World to Port Canaveral

MAtravelbug

we are on the 2/22 sailing of the Dream following the Princess Weekend at the parks. there will be 6 of us traveling to Port Canaveral and I know there are several limo services that offer this service. Can anyone who has used car service to get the port recommend a particular limo service? We will have a lot of luggage as we are bringing a baby as part of the family vacation!

thanks in advance,

BP

Happy Limo and Fl Tours are good..but there are LOTS of good companies.

You book based on number of people and amount of luggage. If you have more luggage than a 6 person vehicle will handle, you go to an 8 person vehicle. Sometimes calling is easier than booking on line.

Good things--most companies allow a 15 or 30 minute stop at a store of your choosing. If you need diapers, formula, or whatever ....or adult beverages, you can make an appropriate stop and stock up. Many companies will match prices or honor competitor's coupons if asked.

Read your agreement and carry it with you, especially if tip is included up front. There have been issues of drivers insisting the tip wasn't pre-paid when the agreement said it was.

Good things--most companies allow a 15 or 30 minute stop at a store of your choosing. If you need diapers' date=' formula, or whatever ....or [b']adult beverages,[/b]

Just keep in mind DCL's fairly recent changes to what kinds and quantities of beverages you can bring aboard...

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone used Uber to get from the wdw resorts to the cruise port? we are thinking of using them to get us there this month. any comments would be greatly appreciated!

bonnie

MATraveler

Just keep in mind that 6 people + luggage will require a large vehicle.

We used Orlando Transport to pick us up at our Disney Resort, bring us to Port Canaveral and then pick us up after the cruise and bring us back to our Disney Resort. The price was very good round trip and they made a stop for us at Walgreens on the way back to our resort as requested. We were picked up in a passenger van though, not a limo. There were 7 of us and I had requested a booster seat for my 7 year old and car seats for my 2 year old twins. Everything was there as requested.

Look at renting a car or two and driving your self. It is way cheaper then any limo. Drop off is very close to the ship and the companies offer free shuttles.

Greg

Whether this is "way cheaper" or not depends on the van pricing for your dates. I'm pretty good at getting discount codes, etc. On one trip, I paid $29 one way for a mini-van (needed to transport 6 of us), but for the return dates there were no applicable discounts and I paid almost $100. By the time you add gas and tolls, there was not a lot of difference between that and a towncar service (which at the time was about $120 + tip). Yes, it is sometimes a lot cheaper to do a rental car and we often choose this option when we are 4 or fewer. But when you reach the point where you have a lot of people + luggage the car prices increase significantly. Also keep in mind that car rental companies charge for car seats (you can sometimes get a discount coupon to eliminate this charge), but many towncar services do not.