Which night for Palo on a 4 nt cruise

macfam5

and yes it is worth it. the fee is now 15/person. we went with our table mates on our last cruise, it was the hubbies birthday and they had not gotten a reservation, we had a great meal. it cost us about 100+ tip for 4 with a bottle of wine. great meal, great service. they make you feel very special, but that is true in all the dining venues on the disney ships.

We just had a great meal at Palo. My advice is to book the first day you are able online for anyday and then when you go to the port and receive your dining rotation go to wavebands as soon as possible to change it to whatever day you repeat a dining venue. That way you can experience all three venues and Palo.

• 1 month later...

On Wonder, last year, our rotation was:

PTTA

Pirate Night was the third night, when all guest ate at the same restaurant as the night before.

I had thought that we would eat at each restaurant once and then repeat the first restaurant on the last night, that's why I booked Palo for the last night (sea day) and we also had the Palo Brunch there on the same day. Because of that we missed Animator's Palate, but at least we got to eat breakfast there on disembarkation morning (without show though). Breakfast on disembarkation morning is assigned to the same restaurant where you had dinner on the night before.

Which night would you book Palo on a 4nt cruise? Is it worth it?

My wife and I did both brunch and dinner.

We both thought the brunch was totally worth it.

But, in our opinions, the dinner at Palo was not as good as some of the restaurant dinners.

We'll only do brunch in the future.

• 5 years later...

I know this is a really old thread, but I did a search looking for an answer to the same question:

Which night is best for Palo on a 4-night cruise? Any new input?

(I just checked and Pirate night is the 2nd night.)

Edited by metairiegal

Update of 2010 thread--the cost is now $35 per person for dinner. It depends....if this is your first cruise, I'd suggest doing the MDRs. That way, you know what is involved each night and can choose your least favorite for Palo on the next cruise.

However...there are people who feel Palo is a "must" each cruise. The pirate night menu is our least favorite, so we do Palo on pirate night on any cruise of 7 nights or less. More than 7 nights, we check the menus and move our Palo to whatever is the least appealing to us. You can view the three signature menus (and maybe the pirate night menu) on the DCL web site.

You can easily do Palo and still do the pirate show and fireworks.

Edited by moki'smommy

Update of 2010 thread--the cost is now $35 per person for dinner. It depends....if this is your first cruise' date=' I'd suggest doing the MDRs. That way, you know what is involved each night and can choose your least favorite for Palo on the next cruise.

However...there are people who feel Palo is a "must" each cruise. The pirate night menu is our least favorite, so we do Palo on pirate night on any cruise of 7 nights or less. More than 7 nights, we check the menus and move our Palo to whatever is the least appealing to us. You can view the three signature menus (and maybe the pirate night menu) on the DCL web site.

You can easily do Palo and still do the pirate show and fireworks.[/quote']

Yes, it is $30 now.

This will be our 1st cruise as Platinum and, as you know, dinner at Palo is a benefit. We have never done Palo before that is why we are trying to decide which night would be best on this 4-nighter.

Will they let you substitute brunch for dinner? Both are $30.

We booked Palo on Pirate Night (night 2 for us), based on recommendations here and the fact that we weren't crazy about the menus that night. One problem was we missed the fireworks, the other was we could not take the kids to the Pirate Party. Luckily the boys didn't really care, but we were bummed we missed the fireworks.

We booked Palo on Pirate Night (night 2 for us), based on recommendations here and the fact that we weren't crazy about the menus that night. One problem was we missed the fireworks, the other was we could not take the kids to the Pirate Party. Luckily the boys didn't really care, but we were bummed we missed the fireworks.

The fireworks are (used to be) at 10:45. It is easy to do Palo any time before 8:30 and be out in time for fireworks. If you want to see the stage show and have lots of time, book Palo for 7:00. We normally spend about 90 minutes at Palo, but we don't do after dinner drinks. 2 hours should be plenty for almost anyone.

The fireworks are (used to be) at 10:45. It is easy to do Palo any time before 8:30 and be out in time for fireworks. If you want to see the stage show and have lots of time' date=' book Palo for 7:00. We normally spend about 90 minutes at Palo, but we don't do after dinner drinks. 2 hours should be plenty for almost anyone.[/quote']

Maybe the difference is because of the time of year/sunset time? The pirate party started at 7:30 pm, and I believe the fireworks were around 8:30/8:45 pm.

Our Palo reservation was for 7:30 pm, and while we don't drink, it still took over 2 hours for our dinner service.

Maybe the difference is because of the time of year/sunset time? The pirate party started at 7:30 pm, and I believe the fireworks were around 8:30/8:45 pm.

Our Palo reservation was for 7:30 pm, and while we don't drink, it still took over 2 hours for our dinner service.

Not quite....there is a "kid friendly" pirate party at 7:30 because parents complained that the regular pirate show was too scary. There are no fireworks following that show. The regular pirate show is at about 10:15, followed by fireworks. At least this is the way it has always been on our cruises. We do not cruise DCL in the summer, so most of our cruises are when sunset is a bit earlier. There are no fireworks in Alaska.

True, it would be hard to schedule Palo to make both the kid party and the regular one.

I can't find anything about this, tell me more! Our first Disney cruise we took our 4 year old, and the pirate party wasn't too scary for him, it was too late. He was just too tired and asked us to take him to bed. This fall we're bringing him (now 10) and his little brother (5) and I would love to have the option of an earlier party. We're doing a 4 night Bahamian cruise.

I can't find anything about this, tell me more! Our first Disney cruise we took our 4 year old, and the pirate party wasn't too scary for him, it was too late. He was just too tired and asked us to take him to bed. This fall we're bringing him (now 10) and his little brother (5) and I would love to have the option of an earlier party. We're doing a 4 night Bahamian cruise.

Generally, on the Magic & Wonder, there is one Pirate party/show at 9:45. It's a Mickey & friends pirate show followed by the fireworks.

While on the Dream & Fantasy there's a family-friendly show with Disney characters (Mickey et al) between the dinner seatings (about 7:30) and a Jack Sparrow-type show/party followed by the fireworks after the second dinner seating (around 9:45).

That being said certain cruises on the Magic & Wonder have had an earlier show (the "regular" one) at 7:30 with the fireworks afterward (around 8:00) on those cruises where it's dark by that time.

This has not been my experience on the Magic, but then my recent cruises have not been "normal" cruises--they have been at least 10 days.

That obviously impacts scheduling. On my two most recent Magic cruises, we have had the pirate show at 9:45 followed by fireworks. The idea is to have time for second seating people to finish dinner and have time to get to the show. We also had the "family" show at 7:30 with no fireworks. This show is between the dinner seatings so everyone is able to attend.

On the Fantasy, we definitely had the 2 pirate shows with the fireworks after the later one. This was a normal 7 night cruise.

Not quite....there is a "kid friendly" pirate party at 7:30 because parents complained that the regular pirate show was too scary. There are no fireworks following that show. The regular pirate show is at about 10:15' date=' followed by fireworks. At least this is the way it has always been on our cruises. We do not cruise DCL in the summer, so most of our cruises are when sunset is a bit earlier. There are no fireworks in Alaska.

True, it would be hard to schedule Palo to make both the kid party and the regular one.[/quote']

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to argue with you but I do want to share recent info for those cruising soon. We cruised on the Magic on Jan 20-25, 2016. I can tell you the fireworks definitely went off while we were dining. I don't know if that was unusual or not, but we heard them go off. If you look at the Navigators I uploaded to disneycruiseblog, you will see there was only one (1) Pirate Party, 7:30 - 8:15, and movies resumed on the funnelvision (huge screen on the pool deck) shortly after and continued straight thru until after midnight. Our last DCL cruise was in 10/2010, so I don't have much of any frame of reference re prior cruises.