What Ship is best?

cruiseaway7522

Planning in 2018 a cruise with our grandson. Been mostly on Carnival and am going on RC Oasis of the seas this April. Thinking about a four day. Can Anyone suggest the best ship?

Are you asking about a Disney ship?

Really, in the mass cruise line market, you'll find most of them more similar than different. Go with itinerary/cost for starters in narrowing down the field.

Planning in 2018 a cruise with our grandson. Been mostly on Carnival and am going on RC Oasis of the seas this April. Thinking about a four day. Can Anyone suggest the best ship?

We really need more info about your cruising party!

How old will your grandson be in 2018? 3/6/9/16 etc!

As for ships, DCL do not release cruise dates that far ahead, so the only one that does regular 4 day cruises is the Dream.

The Magic and Wonder sometimes too depending on location and ports they are sailing out of. Port Canaveral, Miami, Galveston etc.

If you can expand on your situation, that would help anyone to point you in a direction, but as I said above, no one knows that far ahead unfortunately.

ex techie

Well at this point, the only ship currently sailing out of PC on 4 day cruises is the Disney Dream.

But that is not guaranteed past 2017 when they renegotiate terms.

The Dream would be a great ship for him, with specific splash areas if he is not potty trained, and shallow pools if he is, along with the Aqua Lab.

Great Oceanneer's club.

You can't book a cruise on DCL that far in advance, and you haven't expanded on your situation as to when you might cruise, no one can tell you when they may release cruises for 2018, so if I were you I would keep watching for release dates announced on the boards.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Thank, no definite date just looking for some suggestions on the different ships

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

The Dream and Fantasy are almost identical in kids activities at that age.

The Magic has a better water slide to the Wonder for kids that age.

The Classic's, Magic and Wonder are loved by many that prefer a smaller ship. and the Dream and Fantasy are loved by those that love a newer larger ship with more technology based activities such as virtual portholes and enchanted art work.

There are just so many variables to take into account at this stage, and as no one knows which ship will be placed where, its a difficult one.

I know Carnival have more ships of an X class than DCL's just 2 classes. Thats what makes it so difficult.

I would ask again in maybe a year, and then still maybe, anyone will have a better idea of what ship has been upgraded or added to to give you a better idea or recommendation.

ex techie

There is no "best." The Dream and Fantasy are nearly identical. Currently the Dream is doing short cruises and the Fantasy longer (7 night) trips. THere is no word on 2018.

Our personal favorite is the Magic--smaller than the newer ships, more intimate, and fully re-done kid area. The Wonder is the ship in closest to the original configuration, but again, that may change before 2018.