Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

cool thanks for sharing.

Looking at the Haven pool it looks extra tiny, Almost more of a water feature. Are the Hot tubs bigger?

For those who have sailed the other aways does it look the same?

None of the Haven pools are large. But there will be more people in the Haven on Escape compared to the Away ships.

Just so you all know pictures of cabin 14282 and other inside areas are my pictures and I received them from HD Sean as 14282 is my room

Suzanne

Don't kill me but I also received pictures but thanks for sharing anyways.

Guess what guys... Sean has more than 2 acquaintances.

That's crazy! You might try calling NCL but I'm not sure what kind of answer you will get:rolleyes:

If not, you probably should book 8 then change it on the ship.

Thanks, that's what I'm doing. I guess parties of 7 aren't popular..

I don't want to fight!

And I don't want to get anybody into trouble that's why I would not mention any names here.

We all should be friends because our love for cruising.

What do you say

Suzanne

Edited by sjnyc323

Escape will have five (one for each DG) scrubbers from Green Tech Marine. Scrubbers use seawater/chemicals to "scrub" the exhaust and drastically reduce sulphur emissions. The basic tech has been around for a long time on tankers for inerting tanks of fuel, but using it to scrub emissions on cruise ships is a fairly recent phenomena.

GTM did the installation for Pride of America and is slowly making their way throughout most of the NCL fleet. However, Escape will be the first to have this system straight from the shipyard. Since the scrubber systems require quite a bit of room, a lot of the existing ships being retrofitted are losing some redundant systems (e.g. incinerators, tanks) to make space. The install process also takes about a year to complete. Ducts need to be torn out and replaced with new piping for the system through the whole height of the ship, from the funnel to the engine spaces below the waterline. New sea chests (water intakes), holding tanks, and the scrubbers themselves also need to be installed. In short, it's a whole lot easier to install scrubbers from the beginning.

The funnel casing and funnel base on Escape is a bit wider and angular than on Breakaway or Getaway to create a larger trunk space for the additional piping for the scrubber systems. The exhaust pipes also extend slightly higher above the funnel casing than on the Breakaway or Getaway to compensate for the additional height of the three-story ropes course.

2298428.jpg

Thanks - very cool.

Lots of interior work to be done but great to see it all taking shape!!!

Thank you for the video and photo sharing too!

It is amazing how efficient these shipbuilders are. In a few short weeks it will look almost passenger ready.

I wish there was a live cam feed to watch the process unfold.

Escape will have five (one for each DG) scrubbers from Green Tech Marine. Scrubbers use seawater/chemicals to "scrub" the exhaust and drastically reduce sulphur emissions. The basic tech has been around for a long time on tankers for inerting tanks of fuel, but using it to scrub emissions on cruise ships is a fairly recent phenomena.

GTM did the installation for Pride of America and is slowly making their way throughout most of the NCL fleet. However, Escape will be the first to have this system straight from the shipyard. Since the scrubber systems require quite a bit of room, a lot of the existing ships being retrofitted are losing some redundant systems (e.g. incinerators, tanks) to make space. The install process also takes about a year to complete. Ducts need to be torn out and replaced with new piping for the system through the whole height of the ship, from the funnel to the engine spaces below the waterline. New sea chests (water intakes), holding tanks, and the scrubbers themselves also need to be installed. In short, it's a whole lot easier to install scrubbers from the beginning.

The funnel casing and funnel base on Escape is a bit wider and angular than on Breakaway or Getaway to create a larger trunk space for the additional piping for the scrubber systems. The exhaust pipes also extend slightly higher above the funnel casing than on the Breakaway or Getaway to compensate for the additional height of the three-story ropes course.

2298428.jpg

Love all the technical details. Thanks for the info!

These are awesome pics. Thanks for sharing!

There is a lot going on with those upper decks, that is for sure.

I wonder why there is that two level structure right between the two pools that houses the pool bars? The pool bars surely don't need that much space. It really compartmentalizes the pool deck and clutters it up. I just think it would be much nicer if it were open and that structure and walk-across bridge were not there. It's a little better than the "away" ships because they did open up one side on ESCAPE, but too bad it's not completely open.

These are awesome pics. Thanks for sharing!

There is a lot going on with those upper decks, that is for sure.

I wonder why there is that two level structure right between the two pools that houses the pool bars? The pool bars surely don't need that much space. It really compartmentalizes the pool deck and clutters it up. I just think it would be much nicer if it were open and that structure and walk-across bridge were not there. It's a little better than the "away" ships because they did open up one side on ESCAPE, but too bad it's not completely open.

It's a double level pool bar, old pic:

Bild_6.jpg

The top level is perfect for those on the upper level of the pool deck! :)

Bild_6.jpg

On the Breakaway/Getaway, there were two pool bars side by side (instead of stacked as in the pic). Moving the second bar to the next deck opens up space for more chairs/loungers near the kid pool and waterslides. That was one of the biggest things I didn't like on the Breakaway--the lack of seating near the kid pool area so parents could keep an eye on the youngsters.

On the Breakaway/Getaway, there were two pool bars side by side (instead of stacked as in the pic). Moving the second bar to the next deck opens up space for more chairs/loungers near the kid pool and waterslides. That was one of the biggest things I didn't like on the Breakaway--the lack of seating near the kid pool area so parents could keep an eye on the youngsters.

It looks to be a much better setup than on Getaway. My least favorite thing about the layout of that ship was the cramped pool deck. This definitely opens it up more.

It looks to be a much better setup than on Getaway. My least favorite thing about the layout of that ship was the cramped pool deck. This definitely opens it up more.

Agreed. Also nice having a bar upstairs in that area.

I really like the way they tucked the Waterfront walk area, aft, up under deck 9. I think it'll really make for a nice view back there looking down. On the Away's all you really saw was the roof covering the walkway. This will make a definite difference for the aft cabins on deck 9.

Also, that picture with the roll cloud coming over is cool as heck!

Edited by tarps14

Bild_6.jpg

I agree having a another pool bar a deck higher is a great idea, I just don't understand why the pool bar needs its own deck house and a fairly large one at that. It's just not that way on other ships, where the pool bars are usually tucked away on the ends, sides, or corners where they don't take up such a large chunk of valuable deck space. There must be some other necessary mechanical space in there such as crew stairs or elevators. Also it appears there is some sort of control room as well as you can see the windows looking out over the deck space. GETAWAY had this as well. It's something I haven't seen on other ships and not sure why it's necessary.

I loved the GETAWAY but I felt the one really lacking area was the pool deck. It just doesn't stand up to comparable ships from other lines, but I do love the slides and ropes course so I guess you can't have everything. I had a Vibe pass and Spa Pass on GETAWAY and it greatly aided my enjoyment of the cruise. If I didn't have those, I don't think I would have enjoyed the ship as much as the decks were usually packed and those two pools were not enough.

Here is a pic I took of the pool area on GETAWAY. You can see the two pool bars but also on the deck above there are those deck houses again, but no pool bar. Again I think it must be some required technical space. Unfortunately it really divides up the pool deck.

16359787316_08cf017fd2_c.jpg