Soda Cards on Princess - Does not exist

jillocb

Hello travelers,

I just called Princess Cruise Lines directly to ask about their soda card. I was told by the agent that they do not provide soda cards and have not done so since 2004. What the heck? I know I have seen people on here stating that they have had a soda card on Princess. My travel agent also told me that they had them. Am I going nuts? Why am I getting such different information everywhere I turn??

Please don't waste your time calling them. They do not know about "on-board" details. Just ask what you wish to know on this CC forum!

Ok, for those of you who have used it, what do you get with it so I have all of the information I need before I call again. I'll be on Emerald. How annoying! Sheesh!

Please don't waste your time calling them. They do not know about "on-board" details. Just ask what you wish to know on this CC forum!

Ha! Then how do I purchase it? :) So, it's an unlimited soda fountain card. Get this, my travel agent wasn't in today so I talked to some other guy. He called Princess, too and got this answer - it's a sticker that goes on your ship card that states you buy 5 CANS of soda and get one free. SERIOUSLY!?

ARGH!

So....how much is this unlimited fountain soda card on the Emerald?

Ok, for those of you who have used it, what do you get with it so I have all of the information I need before I call again. I'll be on Emerald. How annoying! Sheesh!

We just returned 8/1 from Emerald. We got the $30 sticker - it's a small sticker placed on your key card as the other poster said. You do get the coke souvenir insulated cup also. However - we were first told bottled water was included - it was not - we were also told cans were included and even served cans a couple times - they, however, are not included.

They also have a $63 deal (comes with cup and straw) that comes with milkshakes - not sure what else.

I hate to say that we were not at all impressed with this cruise - eapecially the sodas - they were watery and had to be sent back time after time because there was not enough soda syrup in them.

A few times we ordered apple juice for 6 yr old and were asked for our card - some waiters said juice for kids was free, some said it was free with the card, some just didn't know. :confused:

We ordered Dr. Pepper once and 15 minutes later he returned to tell us they do not have Dr. Pepper - so if you drink that - you can't get it

Anyhow, it is a good deal if you drink lots of soda.

How did you purchase yours? Before you cruised or on the cruise itself?

We just returned 8/1 from Emerald. We got the $30 sticker - it's a small sticker placed on your key card as the other poster said. You do get the coke souvenir insulated cup also. However - we were first told bottled water was included - it was not - we were also told cans were included and even served cans a couple times - they, however, are not included.

They also have a $63 deal (comes with cup and straw) that comes with milkshakes - not sure what else.

I hate to say that we were not at all impressed with this cruise - eapecially the sodas - they were watery and had to be sent back time after time because there was not enough soda syrup in them.

A few times we ordered apple juice for 6 yr old and were asked for our card - some waiters said juice for kids was free, some said it was free with the card, some just didn't know. :confused:

We ordered Dr. Pepper once and 15 minutes later he returned to tell us they do not have Dr. Pepper - so if you drink that - you can't get it

Anyhow, it is a good deal if you drink lots of soda.

Ha! Then how do I purchase it? :) So, it's an unlimited soda fountain card. Get this, my travel agent wasn't in today so I talked to some other guy. He called Princess, too and got this answer - it's a sticker that goes on your ship card that states you buy 5 CANS of soda and get one free. SERIOUSLY!?

ARGH!

Isn't that just unreal though? They have no idea about things that can only be purchased onboard the ship.

The soda sticker is $4.25 per day plus 15% grautity times the number of days of your cruise. No matter when you purchase it, even half way through the sailing, it is still the same price, times the number of total days of your cruise.

How did you purchase yours? Before you cruised or on the cruise itself?

We got ours within hours of boarding the ship.

On the first day they are pushing them - pushing them - pushing them!!! Every time you walk by they are hollaring in your ear about it - after that first day I never heard about it again.

DW wanted one so I purchased one last year on the Diamond. While DW does like soda, we found that it really wasn't a great deal. She discovered that she really didn't up drinking enough to make the soday card worth the purchase. While I know that others find this option useful, we've decided to go back to individual purchases.

My one wish is that Princess would offer a "beer card" while expanding their offerings of beer. I can guarentee that I would definetely find this a good value.....:):):)

Bob

Your TA also will not know!

When you board you will find waiters on the deck approaching you to buy the soda card every 5 seconds. There will also be display tables often near the elevator.

No the soda sticker is not the 6 cans for the price of 5. You can get that from the bartender.

Soda Sticker has to be purchased for the "whole" cruise -- cost is $4.25 or $4.50 times the number of cruise days on your cruise + 15% gratuity. You just show your cabin key card with the soda sticker (if you bought one) to the bartender to get any of the "fountain" sodas (no cans). Yes some say the soda is a bit diluted because they put a lot of ice -- just tell them little ice please.

Keep posting questions here. No one will be offended by your questions here.

ARGH!

Thank you all for your quick responses. I think we'll either get a rolling duffel and buy a case of soda or buy the sticker on board (depending on how many bags we have!!)

I really don't understand why there is such a lack of communication between Princess agents. Jeeez.

Glad you all are here. :D

To add to much of what has been stated, the soda card is really a sticker that you can buy once on board. When you embark and tour the ship you will see many tables set up to sell them. Really quite simple. It comes with a souvenir cup that I just leave in my cabin. This should NOT be confused with a soda package, which is the cans of soda deal mention previously.

The roughly $30 price is a bit steep unless you drink a lot of soda (like I do). One advantage that is rarely mentioned is the fact that fountain soda is available all day long all over the ship. While bringing your own is much cheaper, the convenience of having glasses of soda when and wherever has been worth it to me (at bingo, at meals, by the pool, while my DW gets coffee at the international cafe, in the theatre, etc. -- but be careful about room service!).

Congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon! Enjoy the ride -- both on the cruise and after!

Thank you all for your quick responses. I think we'll either get a rolling duffel and buy a case of soda or buy the sticker on board (depending on how many bags we have!!)

I really don't understand why there is such a lack of communication between Princess agents. Jeeez.

Glad you all are here. :D

I understand your frustration but the Princess reps are trained mainly for booking and major onboard services. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of little things that are done onboard and can change from ship-to-ship. While one would expect a rep to know/understand about the soda card, I'm not surprised as most have never been on a Princess cruise (they have to pay their way to go, they don't get it free.)

To add what others have said, when you get the sticker, you can have any "dispensed" drink anywhere on the ship. This includes Coke, Diet Coke, etc. Because so many "share" the sticker, the price has gone up and up and up, making it more expensive for all. Which is a shame. It used to be quite a bargain.

If you plan to bring your own, Walmart has a very sturdy duffle bag for about $12 that packs into it's own case. It would work well for bringing soda onboard although I think I'd pack some t-shirts (in plastic bags) around it to buffer the cans a bit.

We got ours within hours of boarding the ship.

On the first day they are pushing them - pushing them - pushing them!!! Every time you walk by they are hollaring in your ear about it - after that first day I never heard about it again.

We did the same thing on our very first cruise. As I understand it, they push these on embarkation day because they can generate tax on the purchase as well. Once they leave port, you seldom hear about it again.

Unless we are sailing on NCL (only line with Pepsi available), we usually bring our own soda now.

Since you are embarking from Ft. Lauderdale you are very close to stores that sell wine and sodas. It would cost you a lot less to either stop by with a cab to a supermarket or walmart, buy a couple cases of soda and beer and just tape a luggage tag on them and they will be delivered to your cabin.

You can also take wine, beerand/or champagne on board and can pre-order at Total Wine, pay for it on line and it will be packed and ready for your pickup from the store twfortlauderdale@Fort totalwine.com 1906 Cordova Road, Fort Lauderdale FL and there is a grocery store/walmart in the same center.

The prices are very reasonable and the selection is fantastic. It is not only allowed, but you can getthe beverages that you like at a better price.

Congratulations on your marriage, you will love the Emerald, and please join your roll call to meet some fellow cruisers and find out if there are private tours planned that you might want to go on.

You do not necessarily have to have a duffel the luggage tag can be put on the boxes for the wine and on the case of sodas.

ARGH!

Are you sure you're not asking about a "drink" card? I think there is a beer package buy 5 get one free. Maybe that's the confusion.

I actually think it is ridiculous that people working in Princess offices cannot answer a simple question about soda card/stickers or any other onboard services. I would have thought that it should be part of the knowledge base they should all have. It certainly does not inspire confidence regarding their staff training.

Soda Packages & Coffee Card

Soda Package Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five:

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale

Item #2311$11.75

I actually think it is ridiculous that people working in Princess offices cannot answer a simple question about soda card/stickers or any other onboard services. I would have thought that it should be part of the knowledge base they should all have. It certainly does not inspire confidence regarding their staff training.

I agree completely! The lady that sold us our sticker wasn't even clear about what she was selling - stating that bottled water and can soda were included - but they are not - our very first order was sprite - it came in a can....

And to take it a step further - the wait staff should also be well trained with what is and is not included/offered. Our waiter didn't even know they did not have Dr. Pepper. Another was confused about whether or not apple juice was included - another said no card needed for apple juice if it was a child - another said there was a charge for apple juice - child or not... I overheard another table order chocolate milk for their daughter and they were asked for a card - I thought that was free for children...come on - they should know these things!

Soda Packages & Coffee Card

Soda Package Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five:

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale

Item #2311$11.75

You should accompany this quote with the source which is the gifts section of princess.com.

Those who complianed that they "push" the soda stickers to the extent of "yelling in your ear" are either exaggerating or the most easily annoyed persons on earth. Yes they have tables set up in several locations but I have never experienced anything like that. You can walk quickly by without stopping if not interested. :rolleyes:

Why doesn't Princess just give the office people that answer the phones a FAQ type booklet or cheatsheet? Problem solved.:)

Archived