Extremely brief 4 day Liberty recap

This time around I intended to do a thorough and detailed review of our cruise but it's been hectic since we got back so here's a brief overview. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!

We got to Galveston around 10:15 (yay Houston traffic) and parked at Galveston park n cruise like always. Always recommend it's always nice people who know what they're doing (I think it was $42 for gated parking walking distance from terminal)

Check in at Galveston has no lines but we had to sit and wait about 30 minutes but plenty of chairs and lemonade and water so no big deal (plus it's in air conditioning so in Texas that's a big deal)

Food was great. Main dining room took a little longer than usual but nothing extreme (about an hour and a half for the entire dinner)

Lido buffet was good (better than freedoms in my opinion) we loved the burgers and deli and pizza and blue iguana burritos and fish n chips and even the buffet was good. Didn't have a single bad food item this cruise which was weird usually there's SOMETHING that's not 100% perfect but everything was fantastic. (Didn't order room service). The one thing that was weird to me was that there were never dining room menus posted in front of dining rooms or on stateroom tvs?? I liked being able to see what was available before going down to dinner. Didn't eat at steakhouse either (but we know we missed out because we've been on freedom)

Stateroom: we were in a 1A 8357. It's larger than a standard interior but since it's oriented differently it's a 1A. So much room! The mini bar was locked the entire time (don't think it was emptied or it would have been unlocked?) so maybe John Heald wasn't 100% correct saying they'd be emptied LOL. We could have had it unlocked but no big deal. Cabin was cleaned twice daily.

Entertainment was good. There were several comedy shows that were repeats but we didn't go to a comedy show. Absolutely LOVED the shows because they're not the playlist shows. Wish carnival would bring these back to other ships. We will likely sail Liberty again just because of the live bands and dancers at the shows they're so much better! They had lots of good singers throughout the ship.

Cruise director was pretty good (Corey). He was there but not over the top in your face which we appreciated. There was plenty to do all day and night.

Liberty is in great shape. Everything is spotless.

As most of you have heard already we did have a passenger fall overboard and our prayers and condolences go out to her and her family. We were in rooms for about an hour or two while they searched but no luck.

Overall it was a great weekend cruise but 4 days was just too short!! Loved the Liberty and would highly recommend but compared to the freedom, the freedom wins (because of longer sailings and the staff)

• 1 month later...