Sunshine Dry Dock May 8th-20th

DDNY

On the sunshine right now and yes I have a fridge in my room we have a balcony room on the 6th floor.. the boat is very clean and I don't have a complaint about that. But we suppose to have left at 4 and it's 720pm and we still have not left. The way they had us wait in line just to park and get on.was horrible and I hope we do the go thru that ever again.

Yayyyy!! :D We also have a balcony on deck 6, we're towards the front by the elevators. Is it the type of fridge everybody else has been talking about, where the cord runs out from under the counter to be plugged in an outlet up top?

I hope this improves the poor reviews. We booked the Sunshine for first week of December without doing a lot of background check. After booking, I began reading reviews and became VERY worried. I even considered losing our deposit or trying to transfer to another ship. Has anyone had a good experience on the Sunshine? Thanks!

my thoughts...if you come across 50 people that do not like the cruise/ship...you'll find 50 people that will LOVE it!!...I have read many reviews..online from all different sources and websites...most of the bad ones are the ones on CC..look elsewhere and I promise you'll find many good ones!! A cruise is what YOU make of it :) have fun!!

I am thinking I might book on the Sunshine next spring. Do you know if dry dock cured issues of water leaking in rooms and hallways?

We sailed on the Sunshine the cruise prior to it going into dry dock. Our room steward and a couple of MDR staff told us part of the dry dock WAS to fix/replace/address the pipes in the ceilings that contributed to the water leaking.

my thoughts...if you come across 50 people that do not like the cruise/ship...you'll find 50 people that will LOVE it!!...I have read many reviews..online from all different sources and websites...most of the bad ones are the ones on CC..look elsewhere and I promise you'll find many good ones!! A cruise is what YOU make of it :) have fun!!

Thanks for the encouragement! We have cruised several times (Carnival, RC, Princess) and never had a bad experience with any of them though all very different. We are really looking forward to this ship with our children and, for the first time, grandchildren. We're going to have a great time!

We sailed on the Sunshine the cruise prior to it going into dry dock. Our room steward and a couple of MDR staff told us part of the dry dock WAS to fix/replace/address the pipes in the ceilings that contributed to the water leaking.

Having been on the Sunshine in January and again this week - both in balcony cabin 7277 - we saw very little in the way of improvements so I have to assume you're correct about the plumbing being fixed over the 2 weeks she was in dry dock.

The only things we noticed were

1. New Ice Cream/FroYo machines at the doors from the Lido Buffet to the pool area.

2. A new thermostat in the cabin

3. A new shower curtain (that still didn't keep the water inside the shower)

First, let me say I am platinum and like carnival, and very much like the layout of the Sunshine. They did a good job with an old boat. I sailed on her last October and have just got off her after drydock this past Thursday.

Not entirely Carnival's fault but Charleston is a very big hassle to leave from. Long delays parking and just getting to the front desk. You need patience there. Once on I thought everything was fine. I think they did mostly engine and plumbing fixes during drydock. Nothing new or different from last October. If I had to complain, and it is small complaints, but coming out of two weeks of drydock the elevator lights should work and there should be A/C in the aft elevators. Again, a small complaint but they did jut come out of drydock.

Overall I would sail the sunshine again but probably not out of Charleston. You will enjoy the ship once you get on her.

If you go to the Carnival website under Sunshine's onboard activities, you will see that the Sports Bar changed from EA to Skybox, the Comedy Club is no longer associated with George Lopez, and they have a new section called Seuss at Sea, where they have an onboard character parade from Dr. Seuss books.