Essential Oils Diffuser-can I take it?

hatcherfan

I regularly use an essential oils diffuser at home, while I sleep. It's a lot like a cold mist humidifier. Just very small. Do you think they will confiscate it if I bring it with me on board?

That's a tricky one. I don't see it specifically mentioned as being prohibited, but if it is determined to have any type of heating element, then it could be confiscated.

They list "Household goods" as prohibited so I don't know if they consider that one or not.

Thanks for asking this question. I also have the travel diffuser but have never taken either kind of diffuser on a cruise. Looking for others to submit their answers. What I do is put some Lavender/Peace and Calm (or what ever your choice of oil is) on my pillow case. Works for me!

I love my oils!!!!!

I've taken my diffuser the past 4 cruises and have hot had an issue. Not only do I love having the smell in the room, I love the white noise it makes for sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I took my electric travel diffuser on our honeymoon cruise a couple of summers ago. I'm thinking about getting a second for my bonus girls in their inside cabin. They've never cruised so I'm thinking the lavender would be great for them at night. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm so happy to hear that people have successfully taken diffusers on cruises. We are leaving for a cruise this coming Saturday and are accustomed to having oils diffused at bedtime. Great news! We'll likely use OnGuard, Breathe, and Lavender. I'll also take Peppermint since it is quite soothing for sunburns.

We've taken ours on the last three cruises with no problems. The diffusser was in plain sight and running whenever someone came to our cabin to clean or bring room service. Not a problem at all and very calming. We love the serenity and wild orange.

• 5 months later...
Recommend one for travel? Would love a link or two. We usually use the lavendar spray on our pillow but would love a diffuser to travel with -

Thanks in advance -

For travel I recommend "fighting five" by Eden's Garden (aka: theives) for when you first come into the room to kill off germs. While you sleep lavender and peppermint. Ginger if you get sea sick. Or lemon. I plan on diffusing peppermint and lavender to help not get a hang over. Funny but true.