Sunshine Dry Dock May 8th-20th

DDNY

Sunshine Dry Dock May 8th-20th

Someone on another site asked about the Sunshine going in for dry dock in May...

Per JH: Yes indeed, she does go in then for 2 weeks dry dock and will receive a great makeover and new carpets and lots of cleaning etc. She will look amazing when she comes out and heads to Charleston. Cheers and please do ask me if you have any further questions

It was also mentioned she will have the American Table menu by November....

All good news EXCEPT the American Table. While I enjoyed our cruise last FEB I will say I did NOT enjoy the ship. It's old and showed it, even with the multi-million dollar upgrades. Adding more cabins/staterooms simply takes away from public areas and it showed,.

I thought American Table was supposed to hit early this year, like next month or March? Not til November now?

We sail her in April just before dry dock. All our other cruises have had American Table, so if she doesn't switch before then we will experience our first of the old menus. Both other ships we went on switched a matter of weeks before we boarded, we seem to attract the new menus.

Really? Already?:eek: Wow!!!! Seems like she just went through her big refirb. Guess it's been a few years. I am bad with timelines. :o

This!

She just had a full makeover at the end of 2012. You would think a ship without 2.0 like Valor would come before sunshine.

Is she going to be in Charleston full time after her refit?!

I wish! Sunshine is moving all over the place. She will port in Charleston, Norfolk, New York and who knows where else in the next year or so.

Charleston is getting Ecstasy full time shortly when Fantasy moves to Miami.

We aren't going on Sunshine until November, but I am looking forward to the American Table menu. I happen to be one who really likes that menu. I had it on Liberty last year and I loved the beef Wellington that isn't available on the old menu.

I also liked being able to get mashed potatoes and broccoli almost every night. Lots of good things for me on that menu.

I asked John about Sunshine going into dry-dock .... here's his reply:

John Heald

January 19 at 11:57am

Yes indeed, she does go in then for 2 weeks dry dock and will receive a great makeover and new carpets and lots of cleaning etc. She will look amazing when she comes out and heads to Charleston.

I may a minority but I have no idea what you people are talking about. We sailed on the New Years cruise last month out of Port Canaveral and absolutely loved the ship.

I thought they did a nice job with the decor and renovations . Really no complaints.

I also appreciated not cruising with 5,000 other passengers. The Sunshine is a nice size and should be a benchmark for other new ships

I asked John about Sunshine going into dry-dock .... here's his reply:

John Heald

January 19 at 11:57am

Yes indeed, she does go in then for 2 weeks dry dock and will receive a great makeover and new carpets and lots of cleaning etc. She will look amazing when she comes out and heads to Charleston.

So it looks like just a "touch up" dry dock. No mini-fridges in our future :(

Thank you for the info!