new check in time,Liberty

We used it two weeks ago. We opted for the 2:30 time slot. We saw a long line of people but the line never really stopped. Pretty much walked from station to station to directly on the ship. Never had to set and wait in the waiting area. I liked it personally.

We are scheduled to sail on the Breeze out of Galveston on 5/29. We had originally picked a 10-10:30 check in time. Got an e-mail yesterday from a VP at carnival explaining that, no matter what check in time you selected, you would not be allowed to board the ship until app. 12:30.

Assume this doesn't apply to Platinum, FTTF, wedding parties, etc..

Went online and changed our check in time to 1-1:30.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

My wife and I used it for the first time in New Orleans this past April. We picked the 1:00 -1:30. we got there right at 1 pm and they just called the 1 o'clock check in. We walked right in, and there was no line. We went through all of the stations with no wait until we got to where you got your sail and sign card. That wait was no more than 3 minutes. Even when we got up to the ship, We had just a couple of minutes worth of line to wait in as we checked into the ship. We went straight to our room and then went walking in.

We did self assist departure at the end of the cruise and it was great. We were already off the ship and through customs when we heard the cruise director announce the next floor to head to the gang plank for self assist debarking. I think we were off by 7:30

Hope this helps.

PS: we started doing self assist due to spending so much time debarking the other way.

Boarding in Galveston is always SCHEDULED for around 12:30 but on our past 3 cruises (2 on freedom and one on Liberty) they have begun the boarding process around 11:15-11:30. We had 10am check in times all three times and there were fewer than 3 people in front of us in line. We did have to sit for maybe 30 minutes but there's water and lemonade. I would really suggest getting an 11-11:30 slot or time around there as the lines were almost nonexistent that early. Galveston does a good job keeping everything organized