port tax price drop

shof515

I also thought you couldn't get the lower taxes before the cruise. We have also received small amounts of OBC for the difference on most of our cruises. I think this is the way they do it if the taxes and fees have gone down since you booked (as an OBC credit).

Edited by luv2trvlnow

for my cruise it is a 200 dollar different for next year, final payment is not till April 2017.

i rather have them readjust my booking then get a obc later as the obc is useless for me as i prepaid everything

I also thought you couldn't get the lower taxes before the cruise. We have also received small amounts of OBC for the difference on most of our cruises. I think this is the way they do it if the taxes and fees have gone down since you booked (as an OBC credit).

Do they do that at time of boarding? Or do you have to call now and get that OBC?

Do they do that at time of boarding? Or do you have to call now and get that OBC?

No need to call. Any downward adjustments to port taxes from what you paid will be applied your on-board account as a credit and it will be there when you board. It will be the first "transaction" on you S&S account.

No need to call. Any downward adjustments to port taxes from what you paid will be applied your on-board account as a credit and it will be there when you board. It will be the first "transaction" on you S&S account.

Ok, thanks!!

No problem - don't expect it to be much though. In my experiences, usually in the $7-$15pp range, when I do get it.

That is fine. Anything is better then nothing. Right now we are at a $5pp drop...

If the port taxes go up do you have to pay extra? I am assuming you don't. Just thought I would ask

for my cruise it is a 200 dollar different for next year, final payment is not till April 2017.

i rather have them readjust my booking then get a obc later as the obc is useless for me as i prepaid everything

They adjust after boarding, because the price could go back up before sailing and then you would owe more and probably balk at having to pay more!