Carnival Victory

jayneez

My husband and I are booked on the Victory in October whilst visiting Orlando from the UK. We normally Cruise RCI . Getting very concerned from the reviews on this Ship. Wandering whether to cut our losses and lose deposit as don't want to waste money on drinks etc as well. We are in our early 50s and still enjoy having a bit of fun and a dance but don't really want a booze cruise. Not being served. Bad food etc. We are not hard to please but do like a bit of Dacorum whilst on holiday

Have cruised the Victory a couple of times, but not lately. It's a Conquest Class ship and the layout of this class isn't my favorite (actually least favorite), but didn't find anything I didn't like about the ship, service, or other cruisers. A lady I cruised with on this ship a couple of times, finds this particular ship her favorite and she has, by now, probably 30 Carnival cruises. I don't know the length of this cruise, but I find the length of the cruise has a greater effect on the demeanor of the passengers than anything else. :)

I was on Victory in late January. I have sailed on Victory previously. I very much enjoyed the cruise. My cabin was on the pool deck last cabin before the automatic doors to the pool and food. No problem with noise at all. I had the adult beverage package and found the bar service to be exceptional. Ate in the MDR each evening and paid the extra $20 for lobster most nights. The lobster was prepared correctly. Carnival no longer serves "free" lobster on 5 night cruises. Worry not about Victory. Enjoy your voyage and welcome to the US. :D:D

Just off the Victory last week. It was good. It's an older ship and they are working on redoing a lot (all?) of the rooms. It wasn't the best ship I've been on but still good. Would sail again (and hopefully get one of the updated rooms.)

Thank you for your replies, feel a bit reassured. The bad reviews are on this website. I did check reviews before booking but the worst ones are recent. we have been on cruises before with a mixture of reviews and always had a great time.

You will love the Victory! I have sailed on it four times. The first time in 2004, then 2014, and twice in 2015. The ship looked as new as it did the first time I sailed on it. It is well taken care of. I have done the 4 day cruise, and it is a fun family atmosphere. The staff and entertainment has always been the best on this ship. Great service!

What are your dates? Where do you read those bad reviews? Booked in October as well and most of the reviews and reports I read were good.

I think we're on the same Cruise as you. I have seen one of your previous posts. We were supposed to be giving Cruising a miss this year to do our other favourite holiday . Orlando . The. Saw these Mini Cruises from Port Canaverol so couldn't resist, lol 🚢🚢

• 2 weeks later...

In quite a dilemma now as its getting close to payment date. The reviews are getting worse. Sewage smell across the whole ship !!! Had to move cabin on the Grandeur of the Seas a couple of years ago for same reason. We were wrenching every time we went in bathroom and the smell was all down one side of the R Bar. Been on 8 Cruises and only had this problem once . Has anyone else noticed this on the Victory.? Wandering whether to cut our loses and lose deposit ?

In quite a dilemma now as its getting close to payment date. The reviews are getting worse. Sewage smell across the whole ship !!! Had to move cabin on the Grandeur of the Seas a couple of years ago for same reason. We were wrenching every time we went in bathroom and the smell was all down one side of the R Bar. Been on 8 Cruises and only had this problem once . Has anyone else noticed this on the Victory.? Wandering whether to cut our loses and lose deposit ?

I wouldn't cancel the cruise, the same thing I kept on reading about the Sunshine. I even wanted to cancel the cruise they were such horrible reviews including sewage smell. My husband didn't want to cancel he said we will deal with any issues that occurs. Glad we didn't cancel had an awesome time and no sewage smell or bathroom clogs and all of staff was excellent. It was such a fantastic cruise that we are booked again on the Sunshine for next year and we will be sailing the Victory on September 8th....

Have cruised the Victory a couple of times, but not lately. It's a Conquest Class ship and the layout of this class isn't my favorite (actually least favorite), but didn't find anything I didn't like about the ship, service, or other cruisers. A lady I cruised with on this ship a couple of times, finds this particular ship her favorite and she has, by now, probably 30 Carnival cruises. I don't know the length of this cruise, but I find the length of the cruise has a greater effect on the demeanor of the passengers than anything else. :)

It's actually a Triumph class ship.

We have sailed her twice. She shows her age a little but still had a great time on her. We found the staff,, particularly the bar staff to be fantastic. Make friends with Cindy in the atrium bar! :)

I sailed the Victory in May. Great ship, no sewage smell, terrific staff, and an overall awesome cruise!!!! I would take this ship in a heartbeat, and have been on the Getaway, Breeze and Dream. I keep my expectations in line with the ship class and go from there......

I can also add my praises to Carnival Victory. I sailed on her last October, on a 5 day cruise out of Miami to Amber Cove DR, and Grand Turk. The ship was fine! No smells, and I was down on Riviera deck! Great room steward/service, did Your Time dining, but got mostly the same great wait staff each night, with excellent and efficient service. As for decor; I love color! and I loved the green, and after Carnival Liberty, thought this was one of the prettiest atriums I have seen on Carnival ships. I know some hate it, but I didnt and to date have not yet hated a ships decor, Carnival or otherwise.

I will say this for Carnival. Their crew are some of the best at sea. I have been wowed more than once on a Carnival cruise, by how much a crew member is willing to go out of their way to make your cruise experience better. Example on the Victory; At breakfast on Lido, I had gotten my breakfast, but have difficulty walking and balance, so got food, and would eat first then get coffee after. Crew member saw me eating without a beverage and asked what he could get me. As good as my one Celebrity cruise was years ago, Carnival still shines like this for me.

I just got off the Victory and I loved Loved Loved it. Now this was my first cruise and I have nothing to compare it to. You need to know that there are over 2000 people on the ship and there may be lines, but they move pretty fast. The staff were awesome. I never had a hard time getting drinks. I did not buy the drink package because I felt I would spend less on drinks than the package. I found nothing to complain about (other than rude passengers at times LOL). The only thing I didn't like was Freeport, but that's my fault, I should have booked some type of excursion or been more informed about the island. It was not a waste of money and I'm ready to go back now. Enjoy.

Did a 5 day cruise on The Victory last Oct/Nov and it was not a booze cruise. We had a great time and the staff were wonderful. Room Steward, servers in dining room, and bartenders were excellent and very friendly, even when only going to the bar for a soda. We were on deck 7 aft and we did not smell a single sewage smell.

I was on the Victory in November and have now booked it again for October. I love that ship. I did get the drink package this time since it includes the cappucinos and waters, flavored teas etc now. Wasn't thrilled with my room steward but overall the food was good, entertainment fun. Love the adult pool and Serenity.