Platinums want refund for weather related itinerary change

LMaxwell

You all know I call it like I see it and will take Carnival to task when I think they are wrong, but in this case $100 OBC was generous and Carnival should not give these people a full refund for a weather related itinerary change.

YES, It is alright to be disappointed in missing a port. But to expect a full refund because of it? Get real...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Family-wants-refund-after-cruise-plan-changed-380289901.html

Good grief! I hope they don't get their money back. Carnival can't control the weather. If they are seasoned enough cruisers as they claim to be, they would know this and after that many cruises, surely this isn't the first time they've missed a port.

We're platinum, never missed a port but know Ship Happens.

Is Progressso that bad that they only stayed 45 minutes onshore? Is it something we would like? We prefer more 'local' than 'Let's cater to the American Tourist'.

Edited by SadieN

How is this even newsworthy? Slow news day?

Has anyone in the family ever read through a contract? Have any of them ever had plans affected by weather? Delayed or rescheduled flight? Exiting a swimming pool 30 mins after you got there because of thunderstorm rolled in? Changed an 18 hole round into a 12 hole round because of adverse weather?

Some people are just too selfish -- at the Cruise Director Q&A on the last cruise, instead of asking a valid question, one the passengers brought up the fact that on one of their cruises they had missed Grand Cayman due to a Coast Guard medical evacuation. It appears that the only reason he had taken the cruise was to see that port and was even more disappointed that Carnival didn't give anymore compensation than the port fees. When another passenger tried to bring up that a medical emergency and safety of the passengers were more important and reminded him that it could have been him, he adamantly said that they had a prayer group for the person who had gotten evacuated but would have wanted compensation.

I just don't get it.

Gail

How is this even newsworthy? Slow news day?

Has anyone in the family ever read through a contract? Have any of them ever had plans affected by weather? Delayed or rescheduled flight? Exiting a swimming pool 30 mins after you got there because of thunderstorm rolled in? Changed an 18 hole round into a 12 hole round because of adverse weather?

BadBoysDriveAudi -- Bad girls can drive Audis too ..LOL

How did they make it all the way to platinum and never have an itinerary change? Or even be aware of Carnival's policy concerning itinerary changes? We missed Grand Cayman on our very first cruise. Our 2 year old daughter was looking forward to sting ray city. Sure we were disappointed but it's not the end of the world. We eventually made it there on another cruise. We never got any compensation and frankly never thought to ask for it. The girl's father cracked me up when he said he was devastated. I have a feeling he doesn't know what true devastation feels like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The ship missed the port due to mechanical issues and not weather but in any case Carnival does not own these folks anything. I do not believe for one minute these folks are Platinum cruisers.

The article said that even if the bow thrusters were at full power, they still would not have been able to leave Progresso due to the weather.

If they let me on deck and gave me some extra Chocolate Melting Cake, would have been fun! :)

A waste of air time. Maybe they should be knocked down to Red status. :)

I don't think this is going to destroy the little girls life. Just people wanting something for nothing.

Take care,

Mike

Don't you know I'm platinum? Who cares. Carnival nor any other cruise line can control the weather so, maybe they should take their complaint to God or whoever else they believe can influence it.

I'm shocked they even paid $100 OBC, though I suspect that was something to do with the faulty thrusters...... Which in turn does actually make me wonder if they were being entirely truthful. I suspect it did play a part

My last cruise was scheduled to stop in Amalfi. We stopped 200m from the shore. The sea looked ok, but once the tenders were in the water, they realised how bad the swells were and with winds predicted for the early evening, the Captain made unquestionably the right call to cancel the shore excursions. (Can you imagine if these people were on my cruise and were allowed on shore only not able to get back on board! I can almost see the veins in their necks popping!

Full refund? Hahahaha. They are embarrassing.