Carnival Credit Card

T2C

Hi, just wondering if it's a good card to have? I like what the rewards program says it offers but would like to hear from people who have or had the card.

Is it easy to redeem for the things it says are available? Did your rate actually match your credit score? Not asking specifics, just in general, because since I have a great credit score I want the lowest rate and not one of the 2 higher ones.

Wish they'd tell you what rate they will offer before hand so you could cancel the application process before it was issued to you.

Any info would be great, Thank you

The rates are high even with my excellent credit, but it doesn't bother me because #1 I don't use it (just got it for the free $100), and #2 I don't carry balances on my cards.

There are lots of different cards out there and it just so happens that this one isn't that great of a value - for me. But there are others that swear by it. All depends on what you want. 1 pt per $ spent except 2 pts per $ on Carnival. There are other ways to get more like Rewards Boost that can help with racking up points.

It isn't my card of choice because I have another card that I get 2 pts per $ all the time on all purchases and it's good for any type of travel I want to do. I honestly don't know how much longer I'll be sailing Carnival so I would rather not be tied down with this particular card.

But there's no annual fee with the Carnival MC and if you are OK with the rate of return and are confident you'll be with Carnival for a while, then it might work for you.

If you do a search on "Carnival Mastercard" you'll find lots of threads on the subject.

Edited by firemanbobswife

If you apply onboard they'll give you a gift. Last time it was a duffel bag. I use mine like a debit card and pay it off every week so I don't accrue interest. I'm saving up my points for a cruise so I haven't redeemed any yet.

I got one because a friend told me every so often Carnival will offer a no interest cruise if it's paid in 4 months or 6 months or something.

They might but I haven't seen it. If you need 6 months no interest, buy Carnival Gift Cards through eBay and use Paypal Credit. 6 months no payment/no interest on purchases over $99.

I got it for the sign on bonus (10,000 points plus $75 Carnival gift card) - personally I think it's too specialized (restrictive) in how you can "spend" the points. I far prefer my Capital One rewards card - once this trip is paid I likely will file it away.

The rates are high even with my excellent credit, but it doesn't bother me because #1 I don't use it (just got it for the free $100), and #2 I don't carry balances on my cards.

There are lots of different cards out there and it just so happens that this one isn't that great of a value - for me. But there are others that swear by it. All depends on what you want. 1 pt per $ spent except 2 pts per $ on Carnival. There are other ways to get more like Rewards Boost that can help with racking up points.

It isn't my card of choice because I have another card that I get 2 pts per $ all the time on all purchases and it's good for any type of travel I want to do. I honestly don't know how much longer I'll be sailing Carnival so I would rather not be tied down with this particular card.

But there's no annual fee with the Carnival MC and if you are OK with the rate of return and are confident you'll be with Carnival for a while, then it might work for you.

If you do a search on "Carnival Mastercard" you'll find lots of threads on the subject.

That's the only reason I applied for the Card. Got my $100 gift and 5 points already for my cruise. I believe with everything it comes to $150. I will only use it for cruises. I'll see how it goes.

Edited by Mary49

It took them 7.5 months to take off disputed charges on my card. Cut it up.

I disputed a charge 2-3 months ago and they took it off immediately...Like while I was on the phone with them. They did tell me if I lost the dispute the charge would go back on the card.

Edited by Saint Greg

I got mine aboard my cruise in March--already earned almost 20,000 pts. I am saving up until I have enough for a cruise (100,000 pts). I earn lotsa extra pts via the Rewards Boost portal which enables me to utilize online retailers for the same stuff I buy in brick & mortar stores, but with a big difference---I get tons of pts per dollar by purchasing online the things I normally buy in my local store. The double pts per dollar you get for CCL purchases is small potatoes compared to the Rewards Boost portal. I get 4-10 pts per dollar for buying dog food, household necessities, makeup, cleaning supplies, etc (all with free shipping). I also put everything on it that I possibly can: utilities, rent...use it like a debit card & pay it off every single month so I don't incur any interest. My credit scores are different for the 3 bureaus, but all are between 805-810, yet my interest rate is 24% I believe. Doesn't matter tho cuz I don't ever carry a balance. No annual fee, no foreign exchange transaction fee either. Love my CCL World Mastercard!