anyone have been on the Poesia lately ?

fvandewouwer

Hi, we have been cruising RCI / Carnival /NCL

but found a great trip from FDF Martinique to Italië for next year March on the MSC Poesia

have never been on a MSC ship and the reviews of the Poesia ( rather old ship ) were not that good.

is there anyone who has sailed the Poesia lately and I am a bit concerned about the location of our room that would be 9204 ( aft of the ship )

( a quiet room is very important to us due to illness )

thanks for your time to help me out

best regards

While I can't help with this question directly, there is a very good review on the ship from early in September which you will easily find by searching this forum. We are on the Grand Voyage to the Caribbean on the Poesia in November and very much looking forward to it after reading this review and from other research. We have also been on Magnifica, a sister ship to Poesia, and very much enjoyed it. If it's a good price, I would go for it and, if you drink even moderately, the Allegrissimo package is a great buy.

Rob

Forgot to say that we have been on many cruise lines and rate MSC highly, so we have a reasonable level of experience and it compares well, but is very different to Royal Caribbean. Not tried NCL or Carnival or Cunard but pretty much tried all of the other mainstream lines.

Rob

Rob, thank you for your response

the one I am looking at is also part of the Grand Voyage and as it is crossing the Atlantic ( 5 days ) we need to be comfortable meaning no interest in big pool and pool games but a quiet room and little sea motion

I have read one review about someone saying they could here everything there neighbors were doing and that would ruin our vacation.

( we are looking at a balcony cabin on deck 9 located at the back of the ship )

we have sailed RCI / Carnival / NCL and never had that experience so this worries me a bit ( ship is also rather old and las time refurbished in 2012.

As you leave in November I want to wish you a very nice holiday and would appreciate if you could update this topic after you come back.

again, thank you so much for your time

wishing you a wonderful day

Frie

While I can't help with this question directly, there is a very good review on the ship from early in September which you will easily find by searching this forum. We are on the Grand Voyage to the Caribbean on the Poesia in November and very much looking forward to it after reading this review and from other research. We have also been on Magnifica, a sister ship to Poesia, and very much enjoyed it. If it's a good price, I would go for it and, if you drink even moderately, the Allegrissimo package is a great buy.

Rob

Your cabin, 9204, is not a connecting cabin so you should have no issues regarding noise from your neighbours. However, the aft tends to be noisier. In fact, it's advised on another cruiseline about an aft cabin: "Has an 'attribute' of noise and vibration".

Edited by Beamafar

My husband and I are just back on 30 September from a 7 day cruise on the Poesia. We have cruised twice before on Celebrity and were travelling with a couple from USA and a couple from Australia. We are all in our fifties but we are very young at heart and very much enjoy travelling and meeting people and seeing new places.

We were in an aft cabin on Deck 11. The cabin was very nice and clean however the balcony was a nightmare. The customers at the buffet on Deck 13 throw food overboard which often landed on our balcony and the customers on Deck 14 using the disco would throw lit cigarette ends over which also landed on our balcony. Some evenings it was like a firework display. All of our balcony furniture had cigarette burn holes in them. Every morning there was something new to discover out there, cigarette ends, chunks of bread, slices of lime and even a glow stick one day. When we complained to guest relations we were told that there was nothing they could do as the behaviour was due to the poor education of the other customers.

There is also a lot of movement and the engines are noisy and lots of people smoke on their balconies. There is no way to prove that they do this as all the aft cabins will have cigarette ends on them in the morning.

Customer service is non existent. If you complain the staff shrug their shoulders and walk away. There are not enough waiters in the restaurants and bars so the service is extremely slow. Many of the bar staff obviously take pleasure in not filling orders and making things very difficult for the waiters. It would appear that this is a game they like to play, as well as ignoring customers who approach the bar, arguing with supervisors and other staff in front of customers and taking no pride in their work.

Thank you Frie.

From the above post it seems as though some aft cabins can suffer various problems! Fortunately we are on the port side so shouldn't have these affect us. Really looking forward to our itinerary so hope that yours is as good. Never had any noise problems of any kind on the Magnifica so not expecting any on the Poesia.

Rob

I am sorry for the both of you and to read this post

as this is not how a cruise supposed to be.

and your balcony should be your small piece of heaven.

I do not agree that guest relations could not do anything about this rude behaviour We have once been on a ship where people were removed from the ship ( I guess we were the only floor knowing what was going on and the staff acted very professional and discrete )

we have heard stories from Costa customers about booze cruises, people throwing up, screaming and shouting ... (drinking packages included is not always a good idea ) that is why we never check out what Costa ( or any other Italian company ) has to offer, a pity as they often have very good itineraries.

that is why I was checking out MSC as they provide cruises to the French Cariben islands ( Martinique Guadeloupe...)

I do hope you will cruise again and I wish for your future holidays to be as wonderful as they suppose to be.

thank you for sharing your story

My husband and I are just back on 30 September from a 7 day cruise on the Poesia. We have cruised twice before on Celebrity and were travelling with a couple from USA and a couple from Australia. We are all in our fifties but we are very young at heart and very much enjoy travelling and meeting people and seeing new places.

We were in an aft cabin on Deck 11. The cabin was very nice and clean however the balcony was a nightmare. The customers at the buffet on Deck 13 throw food overboard which often landed on our balcony and the customers on Deck 14 using the disco would throw lit cigarette ends over which also landed on our balcony. Some evenings it was like a firework display. All of our balcony furniture had cigarette burn holes in them. Every morning there was something new to discover out there, cigarette ends, chunks of bread, slices of lime and even a glow stick one day. When we complained to guest relations we were told that there was nothing they could do as the behaviour was due to the poor education of the other customers.

There is also a lot of movement and the engines are noisy and lots of people smoke on their balconies. There is no way to prove that they do this as all the aft cabins will have cigarette ends on them in the morning.

Customer service is non existent. If you complain the staff shrug their shoulders and walk away. There are not enough waiters in the restaurants and bars so the service is extremely slow. Many of the bar staff obviously take pleasure in not filling orders and making things very difficult for the waiters. It would appear that this is a game they like to play, as well as ignoring customers who approach the bar, arguing with supervisors and other staff in front of customers and taking no pride in their work.

the cabin available for us was at the aft

guess we will not take this cabin and I am seriously doubting

please let me know how your cruise was I do hope you have a wonderful time

br

Thank you Frie.

From the above post it seems as though some aft cabins can suffer various problems! Fortunately we are on the port side so shouldn't have these affect us. Really looking forward to our itinerary so hope that yours is as good. Never had any noise problems of any kind on the Magnifica so not expecting any on the Poesia.

Rob