Riviera Owner's Suite piano question

golfguyhhi

If you have cruised in one of the Riviera's Owner's Suites, can you tell me about the player piano? Does it use provided CDs? Or, is there another means to have it produce music? If CDs, what kind of music -- classical and/or jazz?

Please tell me it does not include Polka Favorites or The Carpenter's Greatest Hits!!!!:eek:

Seriously, what kinds of music? Thanks.

Unlike Marina, Riviera pianos do not have a chip expanding the song list. They have the preloaded manufacturer demo songs and that's it. As least as of this March. No cd capability. Can't offer on deck 10. Answered based on personal experience in 9147 and 8143.

Edited by Goldmann
Typo

We'll be 9147 in sept...will report if any change....over a number of years I have charged Pritam, Sandeep, John, et. with get the chip a'la Marina. All to no avail. I've given up. It's the only thing those wonderful butlers have been unable to do. FYI Piano models are actually slightly different between the two ships.

We were in 8143 (lovely suite BTW!) and used the piano from time to time. But only a limited choice of music. Worked well though.

When you used the piano, were they at least complete songs or just pieces of songs (like a sampler)? Were there enough that it wasn't like hearing the same music again and again? I had visions of listening to different music (and different styles of music) from day to day as we sipped cocktails that our butler prepared for us.

When you used the piano, were they at least complete songs or just pieces of songs (like a sampler)? Were there enough that it wasn't like hearing the same music again and again? .

Might have been complete songs. Not a large selection re variety. Demo Repeats rather quickly imo. Gave up and used suite apple docking station and phone as music solution