Carnival Victory Questions

tycup

I am sailing on the Carnival Victory on 9/25 sailing. To my knowledge the Victory does not have the 2.0 upgrades, correct? It does have a serenity deck though, right? If the Victory does not have the 2.0 upgrades what are the best places to not miss? Are there secret hideaways? How many pools are there? How are the crowds around the pool? Any other tips will be much appreciated. Also, what excursion did you do in Cozumel?

TIA

I am sailing on the Carnival Victory on 9/25 sailing. To my knowledge the Victory does not have the 2.0 upgrades, correct? It does have a serenity deck though, right? If the Victory does not have the 2.0 upgrades what are the best places to not miss? Are there secret hideaways? How many pools are there? How are the crowds around the pool? Any other tips will be much appreciated. Also, what excursion did you do in Cozumel?

TIA

I think the easiest thing for you to do is pull up the ship deck plans on the CCL website. I do that for every ship we sail and get myself familiar. I do not remember any hideaways and you can count on there being people around the Lido deck - with mid morning to late afternoon being pretty packed.

As for Cozumel, there are SO many choices. We like Chankanaab park for swim with the dolphins. We have been there multiple times as the snorkeling is good from the rock cliff. You have to take a cab away from the port to find sand beaches, but you can find great places like Money Bar just a quick cab ride away. We like just hanging out there and snorkeling - again not a sandy beach but rather a walk down stairs carved into natural rock wall. You can also see some good ruins by taking a shore excursion from the island to Tulum. All depends on what you like to do.

Grab a taxi at the port in Cozumel and go to Paradise Beach. Great beach, it offers lots of shade or sun, a pool, food, and beverages. Service is good and the admission is very reasonable, like $3/person (but they ask that you purchase food and drinks).

• 5 months later...

TIA

I just got off the Victory yesterday. She just went into dry dock yesterday, where's she's getting all the 2.0 upgrades. In fact, while we were eating breakfast, there was stuff being craned into the pool area and there were boxes everywhere. There is a serenity deck and it's nice. There's the big main pool in the middle of the Lido deck (deck 9), the adult-only pool in the back on the boat (deck 9), and two jacuzzi's in the serenity area. The main pool area gets crowded because it's the only place the kids can really swim. But there's plenty of seats all around that area, just have to get there earlier to get a chair. Don't miss the Alchemy Bar. Delicious cocktails and lovely company. In Cozumel, we took a taxi ($15 one way) to Paradise Beach ($3 pp entry fee) and spent the day there. It was great.