Oosterdam cabins 4001,2,3 & 4 info please

Those cabins are above but forward of the main theater... so far forward that 4001+2 appear to be above the promenade (boardwalk) while 3+4 are above "backstage" and maybe some over boardwalk.

I have a subscription to a site that shows what is over and under the cabin you click on and that's what I make out. (Over those cabins are handicap-accessible suites, one per side.)

Those balcony staterooms with have solid steel railings (not plexiglass) and I believe the asterisk symbol means they have shower-only bathrooms, not the shower-in-a-tub of "normal" HAL cabins.

This review of 4006 (more "into" the theater) does not mention noise:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=75202

There are reviews of 4015 that mention noise "not bad and dies down by 11pm".

This review of 4001 on the Zuiderdam says it was noisier than the neighboring cabins, although I can't figure out why "closer to cruise area" maybe meant "crew's area"???

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=224182

A review of 4001 on Westerdam (these are sister ships to Oosterdam) confirms that there is a CREW area near by. does not mention the showroom (noise) though, and says the view to the front of ship is better from balcony (this would be true of 4002 obviously).

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=225678

That's all I have time for now!

New to HAL looking to see what is near cabins 4001, 2 3 & 4 that could be bothersome.

Thanks

Have been in 4002 on Oosterdam twice (first time was a 'surprise' as our TA just booked us the cheapest balcony for a Panama Canal cruise). Turned out we loved it so much, we booked it for an Australia solar eclipse cruise and have booked 4001 (thought we'd give starboard a try) for our upcoming November Panama Canal cruise.

Only noise we had was the anchor early one morning as we were sitting outside Panama Canal zone waiting for our turn. And it WAS loud. Yes there is a crew area out there (my DH has able to get a diet coke at the crew bar during the PC crossing), but we never heard anyone out there late at night and I'm a light sleeper.

Yes there is the metal rail, but I'm short and have to stand at the rail to see anything anyway...it's also pretty windy at ocean speeds. And I actually like having a shower only as I find the tubs are a very high step to get in/out of. Also you are ALL the way at the front of the ship so it's a long walk to anywhere else (but I never forget where my cabin is). And there can be a LOT of motion as you are all the way front so if you're prone to mal de mer, be warned.

But the absolute great thing about these two cabins is that you get a 270 degree forward view. And if you like watching the activity when you come into a port the port side cabin is the place to be. We also had a private viewing area when everyone else was crowding together on the bow to watch the Canal activities and the eclipse.

I'm glad that most people don't like these two cabins as it saves them for me :D

Now the next two down I don't think would be anything special, (4003, 4004) as the view would be a normal view and I think they also have the metal rail, but I've never been in them.

Thanks everyone. We are doing a 1 day sailing to get from Seattle to Vancouver to board a different cruise line. Have opportunity to get this cabin which is upswell from inside for $24 total. I am light sleeper and don't want to start off vacation with no sleeping after midnight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums