MDR lunch; dead or alive on Victory?

LMaxwell

only on sea days, it's called the Seaday Brunch, no stand alone lunch in the MDR anymore

Is that specific to Victory? We had both last time. The 4 day itinerary has odd arrival and departure times into port so MDR lunch was on those days, w sea day brunch on final full day.

I really liked the lunches. The Victory buffet is jam packed and they don't have the other options like most other ships.

only on sea days, it's called the Seaday Brunch, no stand alone lunch in the MDR anymore

The exception to the rule is on Journeys cruises with many sea days. Our Hawaii and MR Journeys cruises have separate breakfast/lunch menus on several days, the rest being brunch menus.

Any input on the Victory due to its specific departure times when lunch is served in the MDR?

I am not aware the Victory or any Carnival ship serves Lunch in the MDR on departure day...I believe they did year ago but that has been long gone. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not aware the Victory or any Carnival ship serves Lunch in the MDR on departure day...I believe they did year ago but that has been long gone. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

I asked seeking more information after reading post #3 by the OP whose experience was lunch was served.

On the 4 day Victory itin it has early departure day 2 from Key West, and late arrive day 3 into Cozumel; so last time I was on ship MDR was open for 90-120 minutes both of those days. Like Noon - 2pm.

Now that I look; upcoming cruise leaves KW at 1:30PM day 2 and arrives Cozumel 12:00PM day 3. So maybe slight change to timing changes everything here?

I neve been on 8 Carnival cruises in the last 18 months and the ONLY time there was lunch in the MDR on embarkation day was on the Breeze just about one year ago. It was in the mid ship dining room and it was such a nice treat to sit and relax for a peaceful, quiet lunch!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app