Celebrity Equinox Itinerary Change

Swinden

Make plans for a tour out of Falmouth. We did a private river tubing adventure and lunch at Scothies. It was great.

We have to make a plan for Falmouth, we were in Negril for a week in 2005, took a day trip to DRF,so that's checked off the bucket list. Considered just hanging out at the port, Jamaica was never a place that we thought we needed to see, again. Mother Nature thought otherwise.

Our cruise is in January, 2018, but all of the ports but 2 have been hit by hurricanes. San Juan, St Croix, Dominica, St. Martin.Our final payment is not due until Oct 17. Doubt we will know the changes by then. May just cancel this cruise. I know the people that live on these island depends on tourism to survive, but it sounds like there is so much devastation, it will be a long time before things will be back to normal.

Our cruise is in January, 2018, but all of the ports but 2 have been hit by hurricanes. San Juan, St Croix, Dominica, St. Martin.Our final payment is not due until Oct 17. Doubt we will know the changes by then. May just cancel this cruise. I know the people that live on these island depends on tourism to survive, but it sounds like there is so much devastation, it will be a long time before things will be back to normal.

We made final payment on a December Silhouette cruise recently. No telling where we will go, but wherever it is, it won't be snowing. Spending a week in Fort Myers after the cruise. Not gonna' give up that two week winter break;p

Are there particular sights you wanted to visit on those islands or are you not too bothered as long as it is a vacation? Only asking as the chances are you'll probably just get replacement ports and so you won't be experiencing the majority of that devastation. IMHO, cruising the Caribbean (which is more about beaches, marine life etc.,) is slightly different than visiting iconic sights such as The Vatican, Florence, The Bridge of Sighs, The Acropolis etc. But obviously if it is imperative for you to visit those specific islands, then you may be best cancelling.

Thanks. I just got an email also. St. Kitts is now down to a tropical storm warning, so we may still be going there -- not sure about San Juan:(.

I would be shocked if you went to San Juan. Their Mayor is saying there will be no power for 4 - 6 months and half the city is under water.

p - check X's website, I noticed they have posted changes there, not sure if they are up to October yet though.

bon voyage

I received an email with the itinerary changes for the Oct. 16 Equinox sailing: we are now stopping at San Juan, PR in place of Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis instead of Tortola, B.V.I.; Ft. de France, Martinique replacing St. John's, Antigua ( which is moved to the last stop where Philipsburg, St. Maarten was).

Interesting. We're on the Oct 6th sailing and our itinerary is slightly different (or a mistake has been made!).

We go to Falmouth on the Saturday, but Bonaire and Curacao have swapped around. We have a massive tour booked with 150 of us (from our roll call, would you believe!) all booked for a tour on Curacao, so we really need to find out what's going on!

Don't panic !! According to the Celebrity website, there is no change in the ABC Island schedule on the 10/6 sailing: Tues:Aruba; Wed: Curacao; Thurs: Bonaire

It's the 10/27 sailing that has them in alpha order.

I

Are there particular sights you wanted to visit on those islands or are you not too bothered as long as it is a vacation? Only asking as the chances are you'll probably just get replacement ports and so you won't be experiencing the majority of that devastation. IMHO, cruising the Caribbean (which is more about beaches, marine life etc.,) is slightly different than visiting iconic sights such as The Vatican, Florence, The Bridge of Sighs, The Acropolis etc. But obviously if it is imperative for you to visit those specific islands, then you may be best cancelling.

My husband and I really prefer the Eastern Caribbean over the Western Caribbean. I feel like some of the new ports might be some of the ones in the Western. We were really looking forward to this cruise, as we had to cancel our one we had scheduled this past July. We don't have severe winters as northern states. But at least we have Hawaii booked in April.

We aren't headed out until Nov 25, but received an email after Irma that our excursion to Sapphire Beach was cancelled. I saw the pics today of the beach and see why. Was supposed to be going to Ponce, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts. I'm only expecting St. Kitts. Was hoping for St. Croix as a replacement to St. Thomas but that is now probably out of the question. No idea what to expect for Ponce. A lot of the island has been without power since Irma and that was a glancing blow. They took Maria straight on. Please, please, please don't send us to Nassau!!:o I would take Roatan or Costa Maya as replacements in a heartbeat. Not excited about Falmouth as we are headed there next November. Only a 7 day out of Miami so ABC is out of the question.

We aren't headed out until Nov 25, but received an email after Irma that our excursion to Sapphire Beach was cancelled. I saw the pics today of the beach and see why. Was supposed to be going to Ponce, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts. I'm only expecting St. Kitts. Was hoping for St. Croix as a replacement to St. Thomas but that is now probably out of the question. No idea what to expect for Ponce. A lot of the island has been without power since Irma and that was a glancing blow. They took Maria straight on. Please, please, please don't send us to Nassau!!:o I would take Roatan or Costa Maya as replacements in a heartbeat. Not excited about Falmouth as we are headed there next November. Only a 7 day out of Miami so ABC is out of the question.

I would not get cazy seeing Falmouth !

I received an email with the itinerary changes for the Oct. 16 Equinox sailing: we are now stopping at San Juan, PR in place of Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis instead of Tortola, B.V.I.; Ft. de France, Martinique replacing St. John's, Antigua ( which is moved to the last stop where Philipsburg, St. Maarten was).

I would bet you will not see San Juan either !

We are doing the B2B Equinox Oct 16 and 27. I really don't want to repeat ports, but there is not much left on the east. I don't mind a few more sea days and have loved the transatlantics we have done! You really get to know a lot of people and make good friends! Put my feet in the sand a couple times that leg and I will be happy!

Isn't that funny ... just said to my DH how much I would love to go to Martinique. Maybe not so much now, though, after hearing it isn't very safe. I have always been very understanding with any changes they have to make, especially in this situation. Just roll with it ... that's my motto. But thanks for the head's up about safety in different ports of call. My cruise is in November so may not even be affected. Time will tell.

Now, we just need to just wish Maria away. Go away Maria .... fizzle out!!!

We found Martinique to be absolutely lovely, very friendly people. NEVER felt unsafe, ever.

I would be shocked if you went to San Juan. Their Mayor is saying there will be no power for 4 - 6 months and half the city is under water.

A friend's father was in the hospital when the hurricane hit. She still can't get a land line or cell call to go through. I'm sure he is safer in the hospital than he would have been at home but she still would like to find out his status. This has really been a disaster this year and it's only September.

Don't panic !! According to the Celebrity website, there is no change in the ABC Island schedule on the 10/6 sailing: Tues:Aruba; Wed: Curacao; Thurs: Bonaire

It's the 10/27 sailing that has them in alpha order.

I called Celebrity yesterday as I am on the 6th of Oct. sailing as well and was reassured by Celebrity that it was a typo regarding the swap of Curacao and Bonaire...so relieved!!:o

We are doing the repo cruise on the summit 10/22. Bayonne to San Juan--one way. This will be interesting as we have flights booked out of San Juan on the 28th!

Wish you all the best. Celebrity notified us by email late this afternoon that our 9/25/17 cruise will replace two of our initial replacement ports - San Juan and St Croix - with Nassau and St. Kitts. It's now up on the website.