Opinions Please: Victory vs Sensation - Same Itinerary

paminohio

I've been on the Sensation (and her sister ships) before refurbishment but have not been on Victory. If Victory is a larger ship, why is the same itinerary more expensive on the Sensation? Any reason to book Sensation over the Victory?

I'm going with a friend that is limited to only a 4-night cruise so the two I've narrowed it down to are the Victory and Sensation.

My most recent cruises were on the Breeze, Sunshine, and NCL Getaway and I loved those (except not enough 'quiet spaces' on the Sunshine in which to sit and read).

Thanks!

Here are three reasons (not in any order) I feel the cost is higher for the Sensation, not sure if they are accurate but they are my opinion.

1. Sensation came out of dry dock this year vs the Victory's dry dock in 2015

2. Sensation has fewer rooms to sell, so as they are sold the price increases

3. We like the smaller ships and I'm sure others do too

We are on a 4 day Sensation over Columbus Day weekend this year. I know that's not a big holiday weekend so I was surprised at the difference between that and a weekday trip with the same itinerary on the Victory. Because of our schedules, it was our only option this year so I look at it as paying a premium for being so picky.

This may or may not be a price factor, but.......

2.0 upgrades were added to Sensation during last dry dock (Guys, Blue Iggy, RF Rum/BI Tequila Bars, Cherry on Top, Hasbro, Playlist, WaterWorks). Victory did not receive any of these in its last dry dock. While Victory does have Seafood Shack, SkyBox and Dive-In Movies, which Sensation lacks, I feel the 2.0 stuff is what really "sells" to a lot of folks and therefore, holds more value in Carnival's eyes. By the way, both have Alchemy Bar now. :D

I was on Sensation in 2014 before any of the 2.0 things were added and LOVED the ship (I've actually had better cruising experiences on Fantasy class ships so far, especially crew/service and Serenity location). That said, I was on Victory Aug 2016 and will be sailing her again 11/17, so I obviously love her as well! :)

Happy Sailing!

When are you planning to cruise? Victory goes back into drydock in January 2018 for some 2.0 upgrades, and this year had all the stateroom decor updated as well.

I'm not a big fan of Fantasy-class ships; I'd take Victory if you have the time.