Celebrity Equinox Spa

Banana15

I'm not sure if this is something I should ask here or just in general questions, but I figured it may vary based on each ship. I was thinking to book a couples massage on the Equinox, but I have read that they are pricey and not that great. Anyone have an opinion on this? Is it more expensive on Celebrity than other cruise lines? Is a massage not a good on a cruise as opposed to spas at home?

I will chime in, but others can give their opinions.

If you do a massage, try to get some type of "special" I think an hour massage runs around $120, which is highway robbery as far as I am concerned!

I've had massages onboard before and thought they were ok, more "relaxing" over "working out the kinks" and I got the hard sell for products afterwards, but I don't have a problem saying "no thank you". I purchased the massage on special and was ok with the price.

The "value" is up to you. You might view it as part of your cruise experience and think, "hey, I'm on vacation, what the ****". Others will say "absolutely not".

I do a massage before leaving home......but if it's a couples massage and will enhance your vacation, go for it!!

• 3 weeks later...

My DH and I booked a couples massage when offered as a special it also included a scrub. It was enjoy able right up until the end. We were given a glass of water and the pitch to purchase products began. We opted not to. When we signed the bill it was like 600$ they at on top of each massage 18 or 20% gratuity. It was the first time we booked as spa treatment thinking it was just the price listed ..........shocker........I am careful what book from now on.

I'm not sure if this is something I should ask here or just in general questions, but I figured it may vary based on each ship. I was thinking to book a couples massage on the Equinox, but I have read that they are pricey and not that great. Anyone have an opinion on this? Is it more expensive on Celebrity than other cruise lines? Is a massage not a good on a cruise as opposed to spas at home?

The cost compared to other cruise lines will be relatively the same as these services are contracted to a third party, of which there are only one or two that serve most of the mass market cruise lines. As to pricey, consider that market you are in (on a ship, on vacation) and the fact that the cruise line also takes a share of the cost as their fee and expect that is will be more costly than a typical similar land based service.

Last year, there were complimentary ten-minute chair massages being offered right outside the spa on a sea day. Afterward, we were told that they were offering a reduced rate for standard one-hour massages. It was towards the end of the cruise and I had quite a bit of OBC left so decided to give it a try. IT WAS HEAVENLY!!! The massage was great and there was no sales pitch at the end. On a more recent cruise, I went to the spa and asked if they were going to offer any specials and the answer was "no." So most likely they had time to fill which is why they offered the special last year. Without the special price and OBC to spend, I most likely wouldn't have done it since their regular price is double what I pay at home.

I don't get massages at home, so when I go on a cruise a massage is part of my vacation. On Equinox in May this year I was offered a special of 5 massages at a greatly reduced price and with the same person - whom I really liked. It was expensive of course, but was pure heaven! I can't afford that every time but so glad I did it once.