Equinox Royal Suite Question

DShock

On Equinox all videos of the Royal Suites show just one lounger, surely that isn't the case. Can someone confirm...one or two of the full loungers? And is the bathtub on the balcony suppose to be a hot tub or something???? Considering booking one but my husband and I use the loungers at the same time and one just won't work.

Thanks

Edited by DShock

We recently sailed on the Equinox in the RS and there was one lounger. However, if we had asked, they would have brought an additional one for us. We never used the hot tub with jets on the balcony as it is rather small, but it is there for your use.

Thanks. Seems the tub on the balcony is a waste of space. And not sure where they would put an extra lounger if we asked for one. Honestly these balconies aren't great considering what you pay for the suite. May pass on this ship.

They would bring a lounge chair from the pool. It is narrower, but it lays flat (what comes with the suite does not). With the additional lounge chair the balcony is very crowded. The loungers need to go side by side, and there is very little room to walk around. The tub on the deck is basically a bathtub, and it is easy to fill it yourself. It is less easy to get in and out of it if you aren't in great shape.

Whatever the downfalls of this cabin are, the benefits make up for it, in my opinion. I have "stepped down" to Sky Suites after Royal Suites, when the additional cost just didn't make sense. I used to think that after a Royal Suite it would be hard to do, but it wasn't at all, and I like to use the balcony. I just found other spots in out of the way places.

On Equinox all videos of the Royal Suites show just one lounger, surely that isn't the case. Can someone confirm...one or two of the full loungers? And is the bathtub on the balcony suppose to be a hot tub or something???? Considering booking one but my husband and I use the loungers at the same time and one just won't work.

Thanks

Your butler will bring you a second lounger on request. Space is tight but manageable. The jacuzzi tub fits one and is easy to fill and empty...easy to fill yourself, no need to ask the butler! We have used it sometimes (late afternoon returning from an excursion but wanting to enjoy a bit more sun)....nice to just relax in.

The RS perks we enjoy the most are the unlimited speciality dining, room bar and fridge set up and additional suite space. The premium package and laundry are nice as is access to Michael's and Luminae available to all suite guests.

If you really love a big balcony have a look at the M class penthouses....

The hot tub on the balcony is big enough for 1 person and the butler has to fill it each time you use it. My daughter used it but not my husband or myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can personally attest that 2 people can fit in the hot tub on Equinox's RS balcony. But I do suggest that they know each other well. ;p

Are you aware of the difference between a bathtub and a hot tub?

Its actually more of a jetted tub than a hot tub, since you drain it after use and it doesn't have any heater to keep the water warm.

To skip a cruise because the ship has either one on the deck though? :confused:

Its actually more of a jetted tub than a hot tub, since you drain it after use and it doesn't have any heater to keep the water warm.

To skip a cruise because the ship has either one on the deck though? :confused:

I know right, its just that we literally live on our balconies during cruises. It's important to us. And we aren't skipping a cruise, just choosing another line with balcony that fits what we want, nothing against Celebrity or Equinox, just a personal choice. btw...compare that balcony with an OS balcony on Oasis or Allure...those are more to our liking.

I know right, its just that we literally live on our balconies during cruises. It's important to us. And we aren't skipping a cruise, just choosing another line with balcony that fits what we want, nothing against Celebrity or Equinox, just a personal choice. btw...compare that balcony with an OS balcony on Oasis or Allure...those are more to our liking.

We have cruised suites on Allure/Oasis as well as RS on Equinox..... Suggest if you do choose Allure and want a big balcony that you look at the Aqua theatre suites, nothing special about the OS balcony but some of the Aqua theatre suites are a really good size (check out each room though, they vary from floor to floor). If a big balcony is a priority for you these suites may be what you are looking for.

Also suggest you check which 'perks' come with the suites. OS on RC does not come with as many perks as RS does on Celebrity.

Whatever you choose, hope you have a great cruise!

We booked Oasis, got OS 11240. Huge balcony on center hump, two full loungers, lots of space. Nothing against Celebrity, we know its a great line. Its all about the balconies and their size for us...again, personal preferences, which is what cruise selection and room choices are all about.

• 2 months later...
Your butler will bring you a second lounger on request. Space is tight but manageable. The jacuzzi tub fits one and is easy to fill and empty...easy to fill yourself, no need to ask the butler! We have used it sometimes (late afternoon returning from an excursion but wanting to enjoy a bit more sun)....nice to just relax in.

The RS perks we enjoy the most are the unlimited speciality dining, room bar and fridge set up and additional suite space. The premium package and laundry are nice as is access to Michael's and Luminae available to all suite guests.

If you really love a big balcony have a look at the M class penthouses....

would you mine expanding on your laundry statement.Celebrity told me yesterday that a royal suite on the Equinox only got 2 free laundry days in a 11 night cruise.I find that unbelievable!

would you mine expanding on your laundry statement.Celebrity told me yesterday that a royal suite on the Equinox only got 2 free laundry days in a 11 night cruise.I find that unbelievable!

Define laundry- wash and fold or washed & pressed or dry cleaning. We have 4 bags of wash and fold by virtue of CC status. We have been in Sky Suites and sent out 5-6 items for wash & press and weren't charged. Also have had a few items dry cleaned at no charge. If the 2 free laundry days are wash and press 2x in 11 nights seems doable to me.

Sorry, I meant regular wash/dry/press with dirty clothes returned clean ironed and hung up . I was expecting unlimited normal laundry service in a Royal Suite .Have always had unlimited laundry in suites on HAL and Princess so I never imagined the same perk would not come with a Royal Suite.

Sorry, I meant regular wash/dry/press with dirty clothes returned clean ironed and hung up . I was expecting unlimited normal laundry service in a Royal Suite .Have always had unlimited laundry in suites on HAL and Princess so I never imagined the same perk would not come with a Royal Suite.

Puli, the description from unlimited to 'twice' happened just before one of our RS cruises....We checked with our butler on boarding. He said some of the ships had had problems with a few guests travelling with extended non suite families. They had been abusing the system by sending in masses of washing, pressing and dry cleaning for non RS members of their family group. They changed the wording so that there could be a 'no more free laundry' conversation.

He told us not to worry. We did send in more pressing than we were 'entitled' to and were not charged.

Again this spring, whilst we did not have masses of laundry we did have quite a lot of pressing - no charge.

So the answer is unless you turn your RS into a laundry drop off point for half the ship you will be fine!

Just a final point....make sure on your leaflet you make it clear which items you want pressing as well as washing or they will come back as 'washed and folded'.

I am sure you will really enjoy your other RS perks. We love having our personalised bar and fridge set up, unlimited dining and Michael's Club. The room is pretty special too.

Have a great cruise!