wrap around balcony Oosterdam

moorerf

I am looking at Neptune Suite-7142 on Oosterdam. It appears to be a wrap around deck. Does anyone have experience with this cabin?? Positives or Negatives...it looks great to me and on same deck as Neptune Lounge.

Thanks

I am looking at Neptune Suite-7142 on Oosterdam. It appears to be a wrap around deck. Does anyone have experience with this cabin?? Positives or Negatives...it looks great to me and on same deck as Neptune Lounge.

Thanks

Check http://www.halfacts.com they show several pictures of that cabin, looks very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are MANY discussions here about aft Neptunes. Generally very popular, a little surprising you got one on a GTY booking, but hey, any suite is good. Large balconies, but sometimes slightly smaller or differently shaped cabins, like the two we had on Koningsdam.

That is my FAVORITE cabin! We got our first aft wrap on a guarantee. It was during a sale, and guarantees were all I could book. I was so happy when I got one!

The room itself is smaller than the ones along the side, but that balcony more than makes up for it. We've had that exact one, and the overhang covers about half at the back. A nice compromise between sun and shade.

That is my FAVORITE cabin! We got our first aft wrap on a guarantee. It was during a sale, and guarantees were all I could book. I was so happy when I got one!

The room itself is smaller than the ones along the side, but that balcony more than makes up for it. We've had that exact one, and the overhang covers about half at the back. A nice compromise between sun and shade.

Thanks so much that sounds great....FYI we are not getting on GTY we are booking that actual cabin for a cruise next year in Med. We thought cabin looked a bit smaller but the balcony looked bigger and nice having rear and side views but like to hear from someone who has actually been in the cabin....:)

Thanks

All the aft-wrap Neptunes are great. The only real differences other than deck level are in 5191 &5190. On the Vista Class ships like the OO'dam, they have verandas with probably 3 times the area under roof. We've been in them several cruises in a row, on deck 5 and 7.

According to a reliable deck plan website that has sizes of cabins the two on deck 5 have the most inside and outside square footage. I can definitely vouch for the outside part as we have sailed in them many times. They indicate that the two on deck 7 and 8 have the least amount of interior footage- from their website:

More Size Info: Cabin size for 4180 and 4185 is 324 sq feet plus balcony. Cabin size for 5190 and 5191 is 365 sq feet plus balcony. Cabin size for 6164,6166,6175,6177 is 311 sq feet plus balcony. Cabin size for 6084,6086,6088,6093,6095,6097 is 393 sq feet plus balcony. Cabin size for 7047 to 7091 is 391 sq feet plus balcony. Cabin size for 7088, 7093 is 270 sq feet plus balcony. Cabin size for 7142,7151 is 315 sq feet plus balcony. Cabin size for 8140,8147 is 300 sq feet plus balcony.

• 2 months later...
Thanks frankc98376 for the sq.ft. info and InTheWASide for your recommendations. Snagged O's 5191 for Mexico Jan. 3. Safety first (with the tourist warnings) and staying on the ship :D

Had that cabin last march. You'll love it. BTW, you do know there is a very nice table and chairs on the balcony? Perfect for meals. You can order from the MDR menu or the PG has a limited menu for room service.

All the aft-wrap Neptunes are great. The only real differences other than deck level are in 5191 &5190. On the Vista Class ships like the OO'dam, they have verandas with probably 3 times the area under roof. We've been in them several cruises in a row, on deck 5 and 7.

Just got off the Oosterdam last week and was in 5190. Absolutely massive balcony, and it looked much larger than most of the other aft-wraps, from what we could see from the dock. Wonderful cabin!

I had a Neptune Wrap Around on Westerdam . It was a spacious room. I felt that I gave up interior room for more balcony space. I did notice that being in the back of the ship everyday we had soot on the chairs and tables.

We did host a small get together with 6 adults. There was room on the deck albeit tight, but it was enjoyable. On the wraparound side there was a lounge chair and you couldn't place them side by side. You have to arrange the furniture to make it work for you.

It was a good room. But you do have to decide, do you want interior space or outdoor space.