Silent Party? Not if you are in the rooms below the solaruim Equinox

mfrc

Currently on the Equinox in Aqua Class and some moron in management decides to have a silent dance party in the solarium at 11pm. It might be silent up there but for the rooms below all you hear is banging, and People jumping up and down..Meanwhile there is a designated disco on the 5th floor and they have sky Lounge on the 15th floor..

On most of our cruises in the past 3 years or so there has been at least one late night event in the Solarium. Most have had music as well as dancing. I hope for your sake this is the only event in the Solarium on your sailing.

We avoid cabins under public areas but even that is no guarantee. On a cruise 2 years ago the people above us seemed to do jumping jacks every morning at 6:30am and again at night.

I'd really recommend booking cabins that have cabins above and below them to reduce the open area noise. They've had parties, discos,etc in the solarium on most of our trips. They are trying to utilise more of the open areas for entertainment

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ah the OP is in Aqua up on what, 14 or 15 :rolleyes:

If the silent disco is on 3 there is only crew quarters under that on 2,:confused: no passenger cabins to experience this at all.

And on Equinox there are no passenger cabins on 4 or 5.

I went into a fog with the Atrium pictured in my mindless thought.

Sorry.

Edited by wallie5446

As for now, I recommend a comment sent directly to the hotel manager explaining what you experienced. The sooner they start receiving complaints, the bettter.

edit to remove my mindless rambling.

Edited by wallie5446

THe Silent disco was held in the solarium that night, according to the OP's post. Not on deck 3.

Sorry :D my speed reading put the wrong picture in my mind! :eek: The wifester says it happens way to often these days. I pictured the Atrium :rolleyes: My bad.

EW

Ok, now that I have tried to correct the wrong pictures in my 'not enough coffee' morning, here is another thought.

Post after post over the years about us passengers on Celebrity rolling up the carpet to early, being old foggies, and little to non- existent late night entertainment. So they finally do something, at what some consider a decient hour, 11:00 pm, and there is an issue with it.

They will never make everyone happy.

I wonder how many attended and had a most wonderful time before rolling up and shutting down for the evening?

There is a Live From thread, I'll ask there.

Ah the OP is in Aqua up on what, 14 or 15 :rolleyes:

If the silent disco is on 3 there is only crew quarters under that on 2,:confused: no passenger cabins to experience this at all.

And on Equinox there are no passenger cabins on 4 or 5.

I went into a fog with the Atrium pictured in my mindless thought.

Sorry.

AQ is on 11. The solarium is on twelve. It is not possible on Equinox to sail AQ and not have something other than a cabin above you, unless you are aft. That's why we book 1540. Under the Hair Salon. Close to forward elevators and just down from the PG spiral staircase.

The issue was the jumping up and down that honestly you would think someone was coming through the ceiling.. They have two designated areas on the ship for dancing ..the club and sky lounge.. I don't see why they would choose a space that is predominately a quiet area with very few noises heard in the cabins below...It started at 10:30 and ended at midnight...

AQ is on 11. The solarium is on twelve. It is not possible on Equinox to sail AQ and not have something other than a cabin above you, unless you are aft. That's why we book 1540. Under the Hair Salon. Close to forward elevators and just down from the PG spiral staircase.

That is exactly the problem with AQ, which is my favorite affordable (to me) cruise option. I don't like the aft facing for motion issues, so I am forced to pick a room with a public space above me on S class. Many (and I am one of them) believe that is one of the main reasons they created AQ - to entice people to book those less than desirable locations. I also try to find one in a more quiet area. The best of the worst as it were

That is exactly the problem with AQ, which is my favorite affordable (to me) cruise option. I don't like the aft facing for motion issues, so I am forced to pick a room with a public space above me on S class. Many (and I am one of them) believe that is one of the main reasons they created AQ - to entice people to book those less than desirable locations. I also try to find one in a more quiet area. The best of the worst as it were

I invite you to try the 154* . Be careful portside on all ships but Reflection. You make get under the AQ Spa Cafe kitchen...which is not a good spot from what I hear. We just did a hump on Silly in the Baltics (1603) and did not like the overhang.

Post after post over the years about us passengers on Celebrity rolling up the carpet to early, being old foggies, and little to non- existent late night entertainment. So they finally do something, at what some consider a decient hour, 11:00 pm, and there is an issue with it.

Worst so far in AQ was on Connie. M Class ship...Prime location or so we thought.....midships but was right under the outdoor stage area... DJ at sailaway was so loud the room vibrated and dancing sounded like an elephant stampede overhead,

..Luckily we were able to relocate by dinner time first night...avoiding all sorts of zumba, trampling, deck party noise....etc...Went to AQ forward...very quiet, nice view of bridge. Hope never to experience that again...mgmt rep who came to verify our issue would not even come into the room, the vibration and noise was so intense!

On our last 2 cruises Silent Disco was so popular that it had outgrown the Martini bar area so that may be the reason for the move to the Solarium.

Sky lounge sounds like a better location.. I assume it is designed with club acoustics.,or was that area being used for a private event???

Many (and I am one of them) believe that is one of the main reasons they created AQ - to entice people to book those less than desirable locations.

Slick marketing and shameless hype to pedal the LEAST desirable cabin locations by appealing to "the snob factor???" :rolleyes:

NNOOO... surly NOT !!!??????

I agree with the OP on this one. Just because the ship wants to hold an event, doesn't mean they should not be sensitive to what's around them. Having a dance party directly above staterooms after 10pm should immediately be on the "do not ever do" list. Everything should be done with an eye towards not creating unnecessary noise in the staterooms. And some people go to bed early because they have to get up early, especially on the nights before port days.