ms Oosterdam in Juneau September 12, 2017

Scrapnana

Oosterdam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2100.

Also in port are Star Princess at the FKL dock from 0800-2115 and, for something totally different, Norwegian Pearl and Jewel will be in port at the same time. Jewel will be at the AS dock and Pearl at the AJ dock both from 1400-2200.

Weather is supposed to be a little bit better with only a 20% chance of rain. Skies will be mostly cloudy in the morning but changing to only partly cloudy later (we might see the sun!). High will be 56F/13C and low 42F/5C. Sunrise is at 6:19 am and sunset at 7:27 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Is your power back?

About 9 pm last night - 19 hours in dark and/or gloom. Lots of people - also no damage - not as lucky, either because of their provider or location or both. Every county had power failures - even out to Pensacola area yesterday pm. So no extra help from inside Florida - it is all coming from outside. There were a bunch of power trucks [1000+] staged at I-10/I-75 at Lake City, on Sun the 10th.

Oostie north of Grand Island but not to the channel yet.

Just looking at Ft Lauderdale - looks okay. No blue tarps on any roofs we can see and three cruise ships arrived after 1 pm EDT. Maasdam - from her previous track - appears to have made a wide sweep to the east and now is heading towards Fla. So, it looks like she'll be able to proceed as normal [depending on how much trouble pax have getting there], still no reliable gas refills in Florida.

Oostie reporting from Marmion Island.

Must be frustrating circling outside Miami waiting for clearance to enter harbor. I wonder what time ships that entered PE today will actually be able to turn around and sail again. I expect Maasdam will leave late tomorrow waiting for flights.

Copper, will you be on Oosterdam next visit? I'll be home waiting for Luggage Forward to pick up my big bag.

Roy

Must be frustrating circling outside Miami waiting for clearance to enter harbor. I wonder what time ships that entered PE today will actually be able to turn around and sail again. I expect Maasdam will leave late tomorrow waiting for flights.

Copper, will you be on Oosterdam next visit? I'll be home waiting for Luggage Forward to pick up my big bag.

Roy

Yes, Sir, Roy