Sirena/Regatta Cabins

FlightMedic555

It looks like the Sirena and the Regatta are similar. The "E" cabin on both is pretty small at about 140 square feet and appear to be "sideways" on deck 6. The "D" cabin is also an outside cabin but with portholes that looks to be a little larger but on a lwer deck.

Has anyone stayed in either the "D or E" type cabins on the Regatta that can point out their advantages/disadvantages.

Thanks

The two ships are not similar they are exactly the same..the E cabins are blocked by lifeboats..if you take the E the two with the least blockage are 6030 and 6033

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

I have only been in an E cat cabin to visit & yes they are smaller than D cabin

great for 1 person but if the price is right & you do not mind a bit less space an E would work out

Personally I would do a C or the D cat

JMO

"Has anyone stayed in either the "D or E" type cabins on the Regatta that can point out their advantages/disadvantages."

Check out thepreismans.com review of their Regatta cruise. They have some good pictures of their Category D cabin.

Edited by cruisingxpert

ocean-view-stateroom-d.jpg These photo's are from the Oceania website, but they really tell you just about everything about a D (above) versus an E (below).

ocean-view-stateroom-e.jpg

The D is larger at 165 square feet, versus 143 for the E, and there is no love-seat in the E.

The enormous "panorama window" in the category E will have a view obstructed by the lifeboats (as Jan says, 30 and 33 are the least obstructed), but the waist high sill beneath it is deep and wide enough to become a makeshift window seat in a pinch, and is otherwise a terrific place to store......just about anything!

During our one and only Cruise in a Category E, a Cellist who was part of the onboard entertainment stored his instrument (in the case!) there, so you see it is a more significant space than the photo suggests. .

Jan,

I understand they are not exactly the same. On Sirena it appears the bathtubs have been removed from the Penthouses and replaced by walk in showers.

Hi, I was only talking about the D and E cabins..I believe they are exactly the same on both ships..

Jancruz1

We've stayed in a D cabin on Regatta, and are returning to the same cabin again next year for a 40 day cruise. I prefer low and central on board, and found the cabin ample for us, as we spent time either ashore or in other areas of the ship with still having a hideaway if we needed one.:)

• 10 months later...
Hi, we are about to book a D category cabin on Insignia, is there a cabin which is preferable? We would like to avoid ending up at a staff door that starts to open and close early in the morning.

/P

We have stayed in a Cat D twice and love them. They are very private only 15/16 or Deck 3. There are no staff cabins as far as I know. I am sure you are aware you cannot access the tenders without going up to Deck 4 and then going back to Deck 3. Not really much of an inconvenience.

Kruzlvr

Edited by kruzlvr
no signature

Our first three cruises were in the very small but well laid our Category E cabins. Our first was a guaranty booking because we only booked four months in advance for our very first cruise in 2008, having no idea that people planned their cruises so far in advance.

We lucked out and were assigned Cabin 6033, which we liked so much we booked those most aft E cabins two more times. Husband needs light, and the only obstruction in the large picture window is the davit in the center holding a small Zodiac which hangs below window level. All three cruises were port intensive and we used our cabin only for changing clothes, showering or sleeping. The lack of a sofa simply made us better at putting everything away, and queasy sailor me loved the mid-ship location. The window alcove indeed holds a lot.

IMO having the clothes closet at the opposite end of the cabin from the bed is better than on the "O" ships we have sailed on for our last five Oceania cruises where only one person can use the closet at a time in the veranda cabins.

Edited by CintiPam

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me info on this cabin on the Regatta? Is there going to be

Any obstructions from my balcony? It's near the elevator , should I worry about to much noise?

Taking this cruise in July to Alaska and cold or not I would like to be out on my balcony 😀

I've been in 6052 & 6055 (a bit further from the elevator) and 7082 which is right above 6056 and have never been bothered by noise from the elevator itself or people congregating. For me, the convenience of being that close to the aft stairs and elevators is fantastic - direct access to the Main Dining Room and the Terrace Cafe. :D

Can anyone give me info on this cabin on the Regatta? Is there going to be

Any obstructions from my balcony? It's near the elevator , should I worry about to much noise?

Taking this cruise in July to Alaska and cold or not I would like to be out on my balcony 😀

COnsidered it isnt just cold it's rain wind and fog. After making 3 Alaska cruises, and observing the weather and the viewing potential.....I go with the insides....and just go out to the Horizon or pool deck.....way better view, has a bar and waiter service. Last cruise most all the veranda passengers soon discovered the non-use-ability of their investment. Sounds good, but in reality, coupled with Alaska weather and the very limited view you actualy get compared to being outside.... many figured out the reality for a next time...........Just saying verandas are good in many places.... not here.

COnsidered it isnt just cold it's rain wind and fog. After making 3 Alaska cruises, and observing the weather and the viewing potential.....I go with the insides....and just go out to the Horizon or pool deck.....way better view, has a bar and waiter service. Last cruise most all the veranda passengers soon discovered the non-use-ability of their investment. Sounds good, but in reality, coupled with Alaska weather and the very limited view you actualy get compared to being outside.... many figured out the reality for a next time...........Just saying verandas are good in many places.... not here.

What are you talking about? The weather in Alaska is typically steel blue gorgeous in July.

Sounds to me like you're carrying over some shoulder season advice... :o

What are you talking about? The weather in Alaska is typically steel blue gorgeous in July.

Sounds to me like you're carrying over some shoulder season advice... :o

I agree with your advice with the insertion of the word" can" typically be" steel blue gorgeous in July" Alaska has its surprises and one of then is weather.

I worked as a NPS Ranger in the region and have seen snow storms July 4th.... The lower sections of Alaska are classified as a "temperate rain forest"... There is a reason that they call it that.

Your odds of good weather are best beginning late July to early September.

But I use the word odds. with careful thought.

Going to Alaska is a lot like going to Las Vegas.... there is always going to be an element of risk.

• 1 month later...
I agree with your advice with the insertion of the word" can" typically be" steel blue gorgeous in July" Alaska has its surprises and one of then is weather.

I worked as a NPS Ranger in the region and have seen snow storms July 4th.... The lower sections of Alaska are classified as a "temperate rain forest"... There is a reason that they call it that.

Your odds of good weather are best beginning late July to early September.

But I use the word odds. with careful thought.

Going to Alaska is a lot like going to Las Vegas.... there is always going to be an element of risk.

Right again, Dan, one of the wettest places in USA is Ketchikan and it respects no season and I am going there twice within a month just to make sure that NOAA predictions are still true.

Weather in Alaska is indeed a crap shoot. I got a bad sunburn in Ketchikan the first week of July. :eek: We were sitting on the balcony enjoying a room service lunch and, it being Ketchikan, didn't think to put on sunscreen. Next time I returned, also in July, I needed a coat.