Stan and Jim - Owner's Suite Regatta

nvgal

I just read about the "new remodeled bathroom" with the large shower. I am unable to find any really good pics of the suite itself, other than the 1 pic on the website. Would you be so kind as to post some pictures of the Owner's Suite. Greatly appreciated. Thanks. Laura in LV

Actually, could you, Stan and Jim, supply me with a pic of the Vista Suite on Regatta. We were offered an upgrade today for our Alaska 5/9 cruise and accepted it because it was a very good offer. Yes, I know about the anchor and we have never been forward, but it was enticing, so we accepted. We are up early anyway. Not sure how often we will use the large deck in Alaska but hope to enjoy the "Vistas"

Greatly appreciated and I hope to see both suites requested.

b_232334.jpgThis Diagram of the Owners Suites, issued in conjunction with the most recent renovations, gives a very good representation of their layout.

owners-suite.jpgAlthough I believe that the carpets are now the more subdued red

illustrated in the photo above, this is how the Living and bedrooms look:

Regatta-Owners-Suite-Living2.jpg

004915.jpg004513.jpg The big Suite bathrooms were just completely remodeled in marble with HUGE walk in showers in the Master baths,

and the verandas were resurfaced and the outdoor furnishings replaced.

Enjoy your Suite, they are fantastic.

Regatta-Vista-Suite-Floor-Plan.jpg

Once again I'll refer you to the Diagram, which is quite accurate in terms of room and furniture placement.

Oceania-rClassVistaSuite_980pix.jpg

I don't have a photograph of the Regattas' Vista Verandas with their new furniture, but please keep in mind that while their size is lavish for an R ship, they are not as large as the Vista verandas on Marina or Riviera.

2265634325_66a8326242_z.jpg Still, their location does make up for it.....I cant imagine why they were not snapped up immediately on an Alaska Cruise.

Do plan on throwing a cocktail party or two-

stock-footage-glacier-bay-alaska-circa-point-of-view-time-lapse-on-a-bow-of-a-ship-approaching-margerite.jpg

You'll be the envy of the ship!

Thanks, StanandJim. Portofinoitaly - we switched our Vista to the Owners. Did you choose 7004? We are now in 8064. Thanks all for the great info. Laura in LV

No, we are in 6002. All that was left were 6002 and 6003. Enjoy you OS, lucky girl from LV ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys -

Thanks for the diagrams & photos. The first time we were on Oceania, we booked a Vista suite, which had a raised Jacuzzi tub/shower combination. Seas were rough and, while stepping out of the tub, managed to crack a few ribs when we were hit with by a huge wave. (Even though it wasn't their fault, Oceania's response was excellent -- including getting me to the clinic for additional treatment when we reached Madeira.) We're on Regatta in October but, because of the on-going upgrades to the O website, the OS diagram/floor plan isn't available so we really appreciate the one you provided. With the new showers, I guess I don't have to worry about the ribs this time!

- Ed

• 3 weeks later...
You will enjoy the Vistas, but on the R-ships, you need to stand up. It is well worth it. When you go in the bays, it is fabulous. I will let someone else chime in. We only had a Vista once. It was great.

We had a Vista (7005) on Nautica, LOVED it. Yes, you have to stand up to see the "vista," but the suite itself is fabulous and the forward views are - to our taste - just great.

Yes, you have to stand up to see the "vista,"

000424.jpgWhat this gentleman refers to is that the forward and aft facing Suites on the R class Ships have solid steel bulwarks around their verandas

000952.jpgWhereas Cabins at the side of the ship have verandas with open railings, making it easier to "See the sea" from a sitting prospective.

-and before you ask,

the Vista Suites on Marina and Riviera also have the solid bulwark

b_081128.jpg

While their Aft Oceania and Owners Suites have the open rails

b_112953.jpg

Thank you for the "gentleman" reference. Clearly you don't know me. :)

Yes, that steel bulwark is what I was referring to. We've booked an OS on Insignia next year, and I believe on the R ships that same bulwark is in those aft suites as well.

--Steve

If you can upgrade to a PH in Marina, any tips of rooms to avoid? I have a greAt extended balcony I hate to give up, 7131, but would really like to experience a PH just once. So new to upgrade workings..... Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can upgrade to a PH in Marina, any tips of rooms to avoid? I have a greAt extended balcony I hate to give up, 7131, but would really like to experience a PH just once. So new to upgrade workings..... Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience it is quite unusual to be up-graded from a cabin to a Suite, but lately there have been a few up-sells offered. The thing to do is to make sure that your Agent (if you used one) knows what your budget is if an offer comes through (such as, "I'll go for the Penthouse for up to $500 more per passenger). If you did not use an Agent, make certain that the Cruise Line has a working Email and telephone number where you may be reached during the business day in the United States; these offers are time sensitive, and if they cannot reach you, another passenger might take the deal.

There are not any Penthouses to avoid, but of course 7130 and 7135 are the most prized because of their extended verandas.

210504.jpg

Edited by StanandJim