Reduced single occupancy!

SellaVee

I've had an "email flyer" from Oceania today offering reduced single occupancy of 50%. Is this a first? Of course it's on selected voyages only but it's a start.

I'm in the UK and it's for a voyage from Southampton and another to So'ton so I don't know if they'll roll this out worldwide.

Sella

I've had an "email flyer" from Oceania today offering reduced single occupancy of 50%. Is this a first? Of course it's on selected voyages only but it's a start.

I'm in the UK and it's for a voyage from Southampton and another to So'ton so I don't know if they'll roll this out worldwide.

Sella

No they have had them before here

Sella

Hi Sella. Could you send me the list of available cruises you mentioned above. I received an email 3-4 weeks ago, filed it and now want it and cannot locate it. Or post the ship and dates and embarkation port on this thread.

My TA is away until Monday US time and as usual for me I want it ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

Rhonda rhohea23@yahoo.com.au

Sella

I would like to see the list too. My email is in my signature. I just booked a single special on the Regatta for June 25th - a reduced fare for only one category.

By the way, I followed your Asian cruise blog; you are a very talented writer and so funny.

Catherine

I had the email too (in the UK)

The two "select" cruises I could see were from the "Enticing Escapes" brochure:

7 July Southampton to Copenhagen

27 August Copenhagen to Southampton

Both on Nautica.

I couldn't link through to the brochure to check for any others, and then couldn't find this information on the Oceania UK website - but I haven't looked too hard - Saturday night going out time!

Hope this helps. :)

I would like to see the list too. My email is in my signature. I just booked a single special on the Regatta for June 25th - a reduced fare for only one category.

By the way, I followed your Asian cruise blog; you are a very talented writer and so funny.

Catherine

Thank you, Catherine, glad you enjoyed it :).

Fairbourne's information is the same as mine, cruises are on Nautica, 7th July and 27th August.

Rhonda, I hope this helps,

Sella

Thank you both for your replies. I don't get back til July 7th so they are out for me.

As far as I know there is still a single fare for Category D Ocean View on the Regatta for a 12 day Alaska cruise if anyone is interested. I came across it by chance rather than an email.

Catherine

Just received this info from my TA. Tried to cut & paste the table but still learning new computer so have reproduced below.

RIV 6/1/15 ROM TO ROME 50% IN CAT A & B ONLY

MNA 6/3/15 SOU TO STO AS ABOVE CATS

MNA 27/6/15 CPH TO STO 25% - IN CAT PH & A, 50% - CAT B

MNA 8/2/15 LON TO CPH 25% - IN CAT PH, A & B

INS 5/16/15 SYD TO PPT 25% - IN CAT PH, A, C & D

INS 6/4/15 PPT TO LAX 25% IN CATS PH, A, B, C, & D

NAU 5/20/15 IST TO LIS 25% - PH, 50% IN CAT A, B & C

REG 6/25/15 SEA TO SEA 50% IN CAT A, B & C, 25% IN CAT D

• 2 weeks later...
Also 11/28/15 CPT to RIO Cat A and PH. I just went from an A3 to a PH1 with a price reduction of $150!

Wow, I'm impressed, Congratulations! You got a "deal" which is beyond amazing, and with 7 days plus at sea, living in a Penthouse will go a long way to making your cruise an OIL experience.

marina-penthouse-suite.jpg The Penthouse Suites really are fabulous on the Marina Class ships, and the Butler is an added bonus.

The casual reader should know, however, that yours is a 24 day trip before getting to and from the ship is even considered.

cruise_91_1411011685.jpg

That length of time away from home, in conjunction with the proximity of Christmas to your landing in Rio make for a very special circumstance.

Enjoy every minute in your special cabin, just be aware that you've captured lightning in a bottle!

Actually the same thing happened back in 2011. A Med cruise on Marina when the introduced lower single supplements I went from an A4 to PH3. Not quite the same as A3 to PH1, but in the case of this cruise I didn't have any choice as PH2 and PH3 were sold out. A PH2 did come open the next day, but bad location IMO. Would prefer a PH on deck 10, but alas none available.

And yes, the butler is very nice. I left my friends down on deck 9 in their A3 though. :eek:

Oh, and mine is a 14 day trip CPT to RIO. CPT to EZE is 24 days. I'll be on my way to Vail at the end of December.

Edited by Fam_Cruise

I'm under $500/day on Crystal and curious how O rates.
$474 for a PH1 w/o airfare. If you add in the free 3-night pre-cruise Safari, then it comes down to $391/day.

What kind of stateroom/suite accommodations for your solo Crystal price? Also what kind of amenities comes with the Crystal price? It looks like they include gratuities, and I'm guessing they have formal nights (please confirm). How about unlimited Internet, OBC, butler, and is per diem with or without airfare? I don't drink alcohol so the free alcohol is lost on me. It looks like their Penthouse staterooms are almost as big as Oceania's PH.

I know Silversea is quite attractive from a solo cruiser standpoint, so am truly interested in more info on Crystal since I know little about them. Every time I have priced it out in the distant past, it has been way higher than Oceania for comparable accommodations. Perhaps something has changed.

Edited by Fam_Cruise

Category C3 on Crystal. It's a window cabin and is fine for the price. This will be first solo on Crystal, so I know very little. Crystal standard cabins are tight for two people. Inside the cabin, you will have a grand experience compared to whatever I will have on Serenity. Two past Crystal cruises, so there is some sort of internet allowance. From reading CC, Crystal keeps a constant single supplement and the one I booked might have been closer to 10%.

Yes, probably a formal night. I would expect to not spend a nickel while aboard. $449 per diem...no air/no butler. 12 day Med

late in season.

Edited by oregon50

That's an interesting photo, StanandJim. Nice warm colors; two comfortable-looking chairs facing the love seat.

Our PH3 on Riviera last November was decorated in cool blues exactly as shown on O's website on the Suites & Staterooms page -- not nearly as appealing, IMHO -- and featured one rather uncomfortable chair over by the door in front of the love seat.

To me, those warm gold colors say "luxury" while the cool blues say "institutional."

Didn't Riviera get redecorated recently? I wonder if you took your photo before the refurb and we sailed afterwards? Or vice versa? Not that room furnishings have anything to do with the topic at hand, but your photo did raise my curiosity.

Alas, it seems that the elegant gold stood up poorly to the wear and tear of damp bathing suits et al., so the blue superseded it.

b_100803.jpg And if I had to guess, I would say that the lack of a second chair, that is, a desk chair plus an "occasional" chair, was a function of all of the PH3's being triples.

Passengers who wanted to sleep 3 in the room, probably valued the space over the extra seating.

If you had wanted a second chair for the living area, and didn't care to have the split love-seat moved over, a word to your Butler is all that it would have taken, incidentally.

Oceania is very good about adjusting the furniture in their Suite accommodations, even if the Passengers' request falls outside of what they consider to be standard equipment.

Whenever we sail in a Penthouse, for example, our first request is usually that the coffee table be removed and replaced with a regulation height dining table.

Edited by StanandJim

Oceania is very good about adjusting the furniture in their Suite accommodations, even if the Passengers' request falls outside of what they consider to be standard equipment.

Whenever we sail in a Penthouse, for example, our first request is usually that the coffee table be removed and replaced with a regulation height dining table.

Thanks for this helpful advice. It would have come in real handy on my past cruise when I was in a PH and had friends over for dinner. We all were huddled around the coffee table, which was a pain.

I'll know better for my next cruise, and will definitely request the same. Thanks again.