Breakfast in your stateroom

geomac53

I have noticed that the card you put on door handle to order breakfast has been reduced to almost nothing is this the same on Regata on Princess and Holland the hot item is an egg McMuffin like.

We were just on Regatta, Concierge level. We were able to order any hot breakfast item we desired, even if it was not on the cards.

I believe that fewer options are available in levels beneath concierge.

Donna

Same on all Oceania ships in cabins below concierge (category A). including insides, ocean views and verandas in category B. The difference in breakfast menus is one of the reasons to consider booking concierge or above.

Edited by hondorner

I guess people are made of money but cannot read. The question was do you know what is offered on the door order form as hot item for breakfast. NotI I can get anything on the menu because I have lot of money an can afford a great suite, I would love to have a balcony, but have decided to enjoy 3 cruises this year.

Well, that is one reason why I didn't answer because even though we are just off a cruise on Marina we were in a suite which allowed us to have hot breakfasts. In fact, we had hot choices on the form left on our door. In the past we had to write in that we wanted a hot choice. So perhaps there are now two separate order forms being distributed, depending on cabin class.

But there is another consideration ...

If you are on a port intensive cruise (which hasn't been the case for us recently) then you may well want to have breakfast in the room. When we have an early morning tour departure, we order breakfast in our room. If it's a sea day or late arrival in port, then we usually have breakfast in the GDR. (Others prefer Terrace, but we like the quieter service not to mention less temptation at overloading our plates.)

Just because that works for us doesn't mean it will work for you!

Mura

I guess people are made of money but cannot read. The question was do you know what is offered on the door order form as hot item for breakfast. NotI I can get anything on the menu because I have lot of money an can afford a great suite, I would love to have a balcony, but have decided to enjoy 3 cruises this year.

If you are in any cabin B to G

NO hot items are available on the breakfast card

Edited by LHT28

Sorry we weren't clear. I was trying to come up with another word instead of "below" or "beneath" concierge level - but couldn't. This is not a matter of snobbery, or flaunting wealth. It's an amenity that comes in certain cabin classifications (hot items in the room service breakfast)

A lot of folks don't see a reason to pay extra for a concierge cabin(B level verandas are the identical configuration) ---- but it can be worth it for the convenience of the hot room service breakfast, as Mura described.

Sorry our responses appeared snotty and/or dense. I assure you, our intentions were good and we really wanted to help.

Donna

+1 Donna

People decide what they want to pay and what amenities they want. As I've said before, no one is wrong in making those decisions.

You can get the hot breakfast concierge and above ... below that, a continental breakfast.

OR you can go to Terrace for a hot breakfast. (Probably not enough time on a port day to go to GDR.)

We choose suites because we want more ROOM in the cabin. Many people don't think that is important.

You book your category by what is important to YOU, not to anyone else.

Mura

In your initial post you didn't say which cabin category you'd chosen. Once you did, two posters clarified further, neither of whom mentioned having a great suite. They both, however, did demonstrate their ability to read, and write, and also their willingness to help.

in your initial post you didn't say which cabin category you'd chosen. Once you did, two posters clarified further, neither of whom mentioned having a great suite. They both, however, did demonstrate their ability to read, and write, and also their willingness to help.

:D :) :D ;) :rolleyes:

In your initial post you didn't say which cabin category you'd chosen. Once you did, two posters clarified further, neither of whom mentioned having a great suite. They both, however, did demonstrate their ability to read, and write, and also their willingness to help.

Plus 1 and As Maximise said but like this. :D :p :rolleyes: :p :D.

As my auld mother would have said "there's nowt as queer as folk"! :rolleyes:

Sorry we weren't clear. I was trying to come up with another word instead of "below" or "beneath" concierge level - but couldn't. This is not a matter of snobbery, or flaunting wealth. It's an amenity that comes in certain cabin classifications (hot items in the room service breakfast)

A lot of folks don't see a reason to pay extra for a concierge cabin(B level verandas are the identical configuration) ---- but it can be worth it for the convenience of the hot room service breakfast, as Mura described.

Sorry our responses appeared snotty and/or dense. I assure you, our intentions were good and we really wanted to help.

Donna

Donna, I think "steerage" would have been appropriate! :)

Oceania runs a class system on the ships. Getting on the ship and when your room is ready is determined by what level room you have. The brake fast room service menus is based on your room type. B and below no hot items. Room type also decides how far in advance you can reserve you restaurant dates.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Oceania runs a class system on the ships. Getting on the ship and when your room is ready is determined by what level room you have. The brake fast room service menus is based on your room type. B and below no hot items. Room type also decides how far in advance you can reserve you restaurant dates.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

You can call it a class system, or you can call it getting that for which you pay.

Donna, I think "steerage" would have been appropriate! :)

Don't diss steerage, PSULion :) Oceania provides a most comfortable set of oars and a lovely chap who beats the drum and leads us all in a chorus of "Heel away, haul away ...":D:D:D

On a more serious note, I've sailed in 3 different categories of cabin and I've not been aware of any great difference in treatment on board. Once you are in the public areas people are, on the whole, unaware of your cabin category and you eat the same food, go to the same lectures and watch the same shows as everyone else. Sure there are perks that come with higher level cabins but so there should be. There's a massive price differential but I love being able to enjoy the same beautiful ship for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not so naive as to think that people in the Owner's Suites don't get extra special attention, but I don't need that kind of attention.

Don't diss steerage, PSULion :) Oceania provides a most comfortable set of oars and a lovely chap who beats the drum and leads us all in a chorus of "Heel away, haul away ...":D:D:D

On a more serious note, I've sailed in 3 different categories of cabin and I've not been aware of any great difference in treatment on board. Once you are in the public areas people are, on the whole, unaware of your cabin category and you eat the same food, go to the same lectures and watch the same shows as everyone else. Sure there are perks that come with higher level cabins but so there should be. There's a massive price differential but I love being able to enjoy the same beautiful ship for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not so naive as to think that people in the Owner's Suites don't get extra special attention, but I don't need that kind of attention.

I totally agree with you! I would much rather experience "steerage", even (#gasp) an inside cabin on a "luxury" cruise line rather than a suite on a mainstream mega ship!

John

I am sorry that I came off as an ass What I was trying to find out was the difference between cruise lines not staterooms. I have been cruising for a little over ten years now and have seen a decline in the little extras. I usually travel in an inside cabin unless there is going to be great chances to see that special something I am going on my fifty Alaskan cruise so I have chosen and inside cabin for this one and a balcony for when I do Asia in the winter. When I have traveled in the last two years the card breakfast was an egg McMuffin when before that you could get an omelet or other hot Items of course this was on a different line hence the question.

Thank You all for the answers.

You can call it a class system, or you can call it getting that for which you pay.

Don,

I agree with you. I would call it "perks" rather than a class system - not unlike boarding early and getting a better seat/meal when you paid for First/Business class ticket.

To me Cunard has a "class system" where you cannot dine in the Queen's or Princess Grill no matter what unless you stay in a certain category of cabins - you are essentially kept out of certain common (dining) areas of the ship.

That certainly is not the case on Oceania.