What's the Hype about Honey Stung Chicken?

I don't eat chicken, but I do believe the name is "honey stung" chicken, not "honey stunk" chicken. Other than that I can only offer that many poeple have posted here about how much they enjoy that particular style of chicken.

Where is it Stunk?

I have no idea how it can be "freshly cooked" as it is frozen and heated.

We've tried it twice, the first time I thought it was no big deal, just battered, dried out pressed and formed chicken with a sweet honey flavor added to it, kind of chewy and fatty while still being dry, weird. Then I tried it again because so many people rave about it. I was right the first time.

Many times we stop and eat before boarding, it does cost a little bit, but then you don't have to settle for buffet food :)

I tried it after reading the raves on these boards about it. I was very disappointed but tried it on the next cruise and it was much better. But to be honest I think McDonald's chicken nuggets are better.

I also think honey stunk chicken is more appropriate.:D

there seems to be a consensus on this thread but i wanted to put in my .02.

we went to the buffet right when it opened, so the honey stung chicken was 'fresh'. it wasn't bad but it defintely did not live up to the hype.

my husband had different kinds of chicken almost every day at the buffet...the honey stung was his least favorite.

Regardless of whether or not the honey-stung chicken is over-hyped, its appearance on the luncheon buffet on embarkation day, signifies to me that my cruise vacation has begun. It doesn't matter much to me whether it is a menu highlight or low light, just the fact that it is on the buffet is all that counts.:D

Regardless of whether or not the honey-stung chicken is over-hyped, its appearance on the luncheon buffet on embarkation day, signifies to me that my cruise vacation has begun. It doesn't matter much to me whether it is a menu highlight or low light, just the fact that it is on the buffet is all that counts.:D

You have a point there, since that is the only day it is on the buffet.

No, it's not in Jade.

Archived