Sailing from Athens 9/5- worries about Greece

We are booked and had planned to stay a few days in Athens before departure on Sea Dream. However have cancelled the 3 days. Will just spend one night before sailing. One never knows how the situation will develop

We are booked and had planned to stay a few days in Athens before departure on Sea Dream. However have cancelled the 3 days. Will just spend one night before sailing. One never knows how the situation will develop

Consider going direct to Piraeus baskis.

We are a group of 4 who booked yesterday after getting a very good offer from a local SeaDream agent. We are booked for one night in Piraeus near to the cruise terminal, so are avoiding Athens.

This will be our 9th SeaDeam voyage, including 7 transatlantics so just being on SeaDream is enough for us as our next transatlantic is not until Oct 2016. We are also just out for some summer warmth before the onset of a scandinavian winter.

We are a group of 4 who booked yesterday after getting a very good offer from a local SeaDream agent. We are booked for one night in Piraeus near to the cruise terminal, so are avoiding Athens.

This will be our 9th SeaDeam voyage, including 7 transatlantics so just being on SeaDream is enough for us as our next transatlantic is not until Oct 2016. We are also just out for some summer warmth before the onset of a scandinavian winter.

Would have thought the itinerary would have been very popular hence surprised there were spaces.

But good for you snapping up the cabins !

And smart move going to Piraeus.

HH would highly recommend booking a carrier in advance: not relying on taxis (some have inventive ways of increasing "agreed" fair).

Is your agent's name you used named Dag or Doug ?

If so, what a bloody nice chap he is.

Are you doing SDI or SDII for your transatlantic in October, 2016 ?

If it was on SDII we must have met. They are great are'nt they.

Finally, yes HH is relentless, will you kindly consider letting us know of your Greek experience ?

And bon voyage to you and your chums.

Dearest Ho Hum

We have indeed met you and your wonderful wife on many occasions. The latest on the crossing earlier this year from Barbados. Always a pleasure. I mentioned to you on the trip that I knew your real identity!

We were part of the gang who kept singing all the time. Hope you were not too disturbed by our antics.

We were feeling a bit sad that our next SeaDream from Barcelona was such a long time away. We are going back to East to West next time. It has been so cold on the West to East trips to London and Malaga.

Friends who we have tried to get on to SeaDream for some time called us on Sunday to ask if we had seen an advert in a local paper showing special prices for 3 upcoming voyages. Included was this one from Athens. They even had places on deck 2 our favorite. I can only think that places have been vacated by people put off by the situation in Greece.

So we called the agent and booked with very good savings on the "book now and save " price list and it feels great to be onboard with our friends on 5 Sept. We booked the full package including airport transfers.

Then just a year and a bit to Barcelona. We hope to see you again then.

Dearest Ho Hum

We have indeed met you and your wonderful wife on many occasions. The latest on the crossing earlier this year from Barbados. Always a pleasure. I mentioned to you on the trip that I knew your real identity!

We were part of the gang who kept singing all the time. Hope you were not too disturbed by our antics.

We were feeling a bit sad that our next SeaDream from Barcelona was such a long time away. We are going back to East to West next time. It has been so cold on the West to East trips to London and Malaga.

Friends who we have tried to get on to SeaDream for some time called us on Sunday to ask if we had seen an advert in a local paper showing special prices for 3 upcoming voyages. Included was this one from Athens. They even had places on deck 2 our favorite. I can only think that places have been vacated by people put off by the situation in Greece.

So we called the agent and booked with very good savings on the "book now and save " price list and it feels great to be onboard with our friends on 5 Sept. We booked the full package including airport transfers.

Then just a year and a bit to Barcelona. We hope to see you again then.

Aaaahhhh yes !

Of course.......how silly of HH !

Sing to your hearts content.....how can that be a problem ? Never.

And see you on SDII for the October, 2016 crossing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So now Athens seems to be calmer but I just read about cancelled ports and concerns in a couple of the trade papers. SD says they are monitoring.

ports that cruises have been avoiding due to issues with refugees? I was just curious on the status and any back up plans for this itinerary?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/08/greek-island-refugee-crisis-local-people-and-tourists-rally-round-migrants

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk