Hotels in Abu Dhabi

Hampshire Rose

• 3 months later...

Hi Barante. We are staying at the InterContinental in Abu Dhabi after Oceania Insignia cruise May 2-4, 2017. If you really search for it there is a full board option that we are hoping will save us a bit of $. We wanted beach time so picked the older IC up by the Presidential palace. They will send a car to the pier for private transfer for $15US. Abu Dhabi much cheaper than Dubai (which is the first part of the precruise.) Check out Emirates airlines (we are going out of Boston because the timing is better than Dulles) we have roundtrip BOS to Dubai layover 5 days Singapore Return Dubai to Boston for less than $900 and the BC fare is about $5000. Have a good trip.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Bowie MeMe. I'll check the InterCon option. And the tip about the Emirates/Boston. Funny, we saw a bevy of their stewardesses at Logan when we returned from our Iceland/Greenland TA.

What an excellent cruise we had on Zaandam. Future travel includes Valparaiso to San Francisco on the Norwegian Sun April 25, Bermuda in September and then this Celebrity cruise to southern India from Abu Dhabi. So little time.

During the past Christmas season I monitored hotel prices in Abu Dhabi in anticipation for our Christmas/NYE cruise this year. Lots of rooms available at good prices. So I won't rush into booking anything until the time comes.

I also monitored air prices. For this year I will begin doing so this summer and then grab something that is affordable and convenient. A complication is that I refuse to face the traffic of getting to IAD and back and therefore fly from BWI. If the connection is in Chicago or Boston, fine. I also avoid JFK and other NY area airports.

Forget what I said about waiting. Seeing as good a deal as I have found, I grabbed a canceable two-nighter in a Traders deluxe club unit overlooking the water -- bedroom; living room -- for $139 a night plus taxes.

Over several months I had decided on Traders. If something measurably better appears I am ready to change my plans, but why would I do that?

Edited by barante