Nile Blue Tours - Egypt?

Kramer995

Yes, they have been used by many who've posted here. (Athough not so many have used them in the last couple of years due to the increased competition, e.g., more vendors.)

Use the search function and you should be able to find a lot of info.

we used them last November, and were very pleased with our tour. We were able to arrange an itinerary that suited our needs, and had a very memorable two day excursion. The van was comfortable, and guide and driver were both excellent. Big plus for us...ability to pay by credit card, so we did not have to carry large sum of cash with us. We would use them again if we return to Egypt.

Hi Heather,

I used them for a group in 2007 that started out with 4 people and grew to be over a hundred! They had had so many great reviews here on CC that everyone wanted to use them. Some people did private tours with them and some preferred to be with a big group, but everyone had a fantastic time and came home enthusiastic about their extraordinary time in Egypt. They were the first company to not require a deposit from cruise passengers, and then everyone else jumped on board and started offering the same thing. People were extremely pleased with Nile Blue's professionalism and their genuine kindness.

There was a lovely couple who found out they were bumped from the ship's excursion last minute and they were told by the cruise line that no wheel chairs were permitted on the excursions to Cairo. Nile Blue welcomed them to join our group and I'll never forget that the lovely lady with MS told us that she felt like the Queen of the Nile when she was carried down (and back up) the wide deep steps to the Nile Dinner Cruise by the tour director and either the owner or a driver, I don't recall. These are lovely, ethical people who offer a high quality experience to their guests.

I went back to Egypt for a tour and Nile Cruise with a group of friends and had the whole thing organized by Nile Blue. Everything was flawless. They personalize all their tours and offer real value. Don't hesitate - you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

We're considering using Nile Blue for an overnight. Which hotel did any of you stay at? They gave us two prices, one for a Five Star, and one for a Four Star hotel This is the only question they haven't answered yet. We're trying to decide between Nile Blue and Ramses. Thanks.

We're considering using Nile Blue for an overnight. Which hotel did any of you stay at? They gave us two prices, one for a Five Star, and one for a Four Star hotel This is the only question they haven't answered yet. We're trying to decide between Nile Blue and Ramses. Thanks.

We stayed at le meridian in a pyramid view room...it was fine, although if we return I would consider the mena house

Hello whale-watcher

Did you pay extra money for a pyramid view room?

We did, but not a huge amount. We spent very little daylight time at the hotel...we stopped there briefly before heading the sound and light show in the evening, and left early the next morning to drive to Dashur, so really did not spend any significant time looking at the pyramids from our room :)

We have used Nile Blue 2 times. In Oct 2007 we had a large cruise critic roll call on the Star Princess and 100 of us took 3 buses with Nile Blue for our Cairo overnight. We all were delighted with their attention to detail, their anticipation of potential problems, and their efforts to insure that we saw the maximum in our limited time. Their English was very good and, being college educated Egyptologists, they had all the information one could ever hope to absorb.

We were so impressed that 5 months later, we again employed Nile Blue for a 10 day land trip that included a Nile River cruise from Luxor to Aswan and a day trip to Abel Simbal. They chose an interesting itinerary, excellent hotels, and went with us when we wanted to venture into the souk after dark. We felt safe and well cared for the entire time.

Hazem and his wife Ghada are great people. I cannot praise Nile Blue highly enough. Contact Hazem at info@nilebluetours.com

I'm using Nile Blue too for my next visit to Egypt.

Can you tell me at what hotel did you spend your

overnight?

Thanks.

We were at Le Meridan. Don't bother paying the extra money for a pryamid view. We didn't get in our room until after the lights were off.

We have used Nile Blue twice and Ramses once. Both are excellent, but Nile Blue now feels like we have family in Egypt. Nile Blue was for an overnight in Cairo and for a day visit to Luxor from Safaga port. Ramses was for a day trip to Cairo from Alexandria. There isn't much to see in Alexandria compared to a lifetime of things in Cairo. If you want the history of what you are seeing and to be cared for like a long lost relative, use Nile Blue. We stayed at le Meridian and it is a large, modern comfortable hotel. Mena House looked lovely as we drove by, but I think you will be so tired by the time you hit your bed and start out early enough the next morning, that Mena house is not worth the extra money unless you are spending a few days. There is nothing wrong with Ramses, but Nile Blue is run by the greatest couple and they really listen to what you want to do.

I'm still confused about what hotel we are going to spend the overnight at ,

Nile blue offered me different options but i'm trying to find out the best choice for my husband

It doesn't matter the hotel. All the ones Nile Blue uses are nice. You don't get into your room until around 10 and you're back on the bus by 8. It's just a place to shower and sleep so no need to be picky. Choose the cheapest one.

Last August we went with them got the quote with the their hotels, I asked for a price quote for the Mena House new wing with a balcony view of the pyramids. I couldn't believe the prices was less then $50 more for 1 of the best hotels there. It was still less for 2 of us then for 1 on the ships tour, and jumped on it, it is a great hotel. Sitting on the balcony looking at the Pyramids in the evening and morning could not be beat. The room was very large as was the bathroom, they have paved walkways around the properties.

Edited by spatsmcd

Hi WeBeGone

I'm not trying to be picky as it is not a matter of money , my only concern is my husband's comfort . As i mentioned before he is totally handicapped .

The hotels have elevators but not "handicapped" rooms. Ask Hazem for his advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry that I am so slow to respond! Yes, we did book Nile Blue. :-) Even though the trip is in one year, there is so much planning!

We are going the two day trip. Day one: Memphis & Saqqara, and Khan el-Khalei (sp?) bazaar. Day two: Pyramids/Sphinx. Then, as time permits, Alexandria for Roman Catacombs and Mosque.

Ahhhh, what a way to turn 40! :-) Thanks for all of your input!

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry that I am so slow to respond! Yes, we did book Nile Blue. :-) Even though the trip is in one year, there is so much planning!

We are going the two day trip. Day one: Memphis & Saqqara, and Khan el-Khalei (sp?) bazaar. Day two: Pyramids/Sphinx. Then, as time permits, Alexandria for Roman Catacombs and Mosque.

Ahhhh, what a way to turn 40! :-) Thanks for all of your input!

You'll have a wonderful time with Hazem and Ghada. One of Hazem's assistants will probably go with you to the bazaar, which is good. It's not a place to wander by yourself.

• 1 month later...

i m cruising on Norwegian jade dec 12. i see positive feedback on Nile blue. will they charge you in advance or upon arrival. i agree with the opinion above that hotel is only for sleeping, so one has to seize the opportunity and effort to spend time outdoor. can you send me the e.mail of Nile blue.

i m cruising on Norwegian jade dec 12. i see positive feedback on Nile blue. will they charge you in advance or upon arrival. i agree with the opinion above that hotel is only for sleeping, so one has to seize the opportunity and effort to spend time outdoor. can you send me the e.mail of Nile blue.

You will be delighted with Nile Blue. They charge you upon arrival (they were the first to do this and then others started copying them). They will customize your excursion any way you'd like -- just ask!

Hazem's email is manager@nilebluetours.com or else he can be reached at info@nilebluetours.com.

Have a great time!

You will be delighted with Nile Blue. They charge you upon arrival (they were the first to do this and then others started copying them). They will customize your excursion any way you'd like -- just ask!

Hazem's email is manager@nilebluetours.com or else he can be reached at info@nilebluetours.com.

Have a great time!

thank you for your quick and positive response. I'll call hazem and try to customize my trip with him as i want it to be private for me and my wife. i think charging upon arrival reflects their professionalism that the satisfaction of the customer comes first.:)

We have used Nile Blue 2 times. In Oct 2007 we had a large cruise critic roll call on the Star Princess and 100 of us took 3 buses with Nile Blue for our Cairo overnight. We all were delighted with their attention to detail, their anticipation of potential problems, and their efforts to insure that we saw the maximum in our limited time. Their English was very good and, being college educated Egyptologists, they had all the information one could ever hope to absorb.

We were so impressed that 5 months later, we again employed Nile Blue for a 10 day land trip that included a Nile River cruise from Luxor to Aswan and a day trip to Abel Simbal. They chose an interesting itinerary, excellent hotels, and went with us when we wanted to venture into the souk after dark. We felt safe and well cared for the entire time.

Hazem and his wife Ghada are great people. I cannot praise Nile Blue highly enough. Contact Hazem at info@nilebluetours.com

i think a Nile river cruise is an overwhelming experience. we all remember Agatha Christie " death on the Nile" it seems that this is one of the things that makes Egypt unique in itself. how much did it cost you then. and i would like to know other people's contributions and their personal impression and what makes it different from any other cruise.

i think a Nile river cruise is an overwhelming experience. we all remember Agatha Christie " death on the Nile" it seems that this is one of the things that makes Egypt unique in itself. how much did it cost you then. and i would like to know other people's contributions and their personal impression and what makes it different from any other cruise.

The Nile cruise was wonderful. It is so different because you can both sides of the Nile all the time with the ancient towns looking just like they have for centuries, and of course the many places we visited while making our way to Aswan . The "ship" only had around 100 passengers with none of the amenities we take for granted on large main line cruise ships. We went in Feb 2008 and it was around $1200 for 12 days, including 6 nights on the Nile, excluding airfare and meals. Nile Blue Tours was amazing and the trip out to Abu Simbel was absolutely incredible.

Edited by WeBeGone