Cancelling cruise to Turkey?

We have an Azamara cruise next July that starts in Istanbul and has a second stop in Turkey. With flights to plan and other, we won't be waiting until final payment before we cancel. If they don't change the Turkey ports to Greece ports, we'll cancel on our own and not wast for Azamara.

We have an Azamara cruise next July that starts in Istanbul and has a second stop in Turkey. With flights to plan and other, we won't be waiting until final payment before we cancel. If they don't change the Turkey ports to Greece ports, we'll cancel on our own and not wast for Azamara.

No way we would plan go to Turkey at this time. Safety first. And Turkey is not a safe place now.

No way we would plan go to Turkey at this time. Safety first. And Turkey is not a safe place now.

Everyone has different comfort levels. Friends are on a cruise at the moment that started in Istanbul and are enjoying their cruise. Bad things happen all over the world i.e. football riots and shootings, but I still travel and take care wherever I go.

Everyone has different comfort levels. Friends are on a cruise at the moment that started in Istanbul and are enjoying their cruise. Bad things happen all over the world i.e. football riots and shootings, but I still travel and take care wherever I go.

The difference in Istanbul is that tourists are being targeted. We have been to Turkey and would go back, but it just doesn't have to be at THIS time.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a follow up to my OP expressing concerns on taking a cruise with stops in Turkey and the region.

Fortunately, I cancelled our cruise to Turkey just in time to receive a full refund of our booking. This is because, a good friend of mine, and a reliable source of information at DHS, advised us to stay out of Turkey for the foreseeable future as the radical Islamic Muslim terrorist are ramping up it's terrorist activities in Turkey and the region, and at targets like airports, museums, cafes, restaurants, food markets, and other spots where tourists are likely to frequent. I actually don't really care about visiting Tiurkey now that the airport and market was bombed. I've crossed Turkey and the region off my bucket list. I don't need them.

So, best of luck to those of you cavalier enough to still cruise Turkey and the region in the next few months into next year. I would not want to be in your shoes, to be on edge, always on guard, wondering if an attack will maim or kill your or/and your family. :p. Who needs those kind of security worries and hassles, when trying to enjoy a relaxing vacation? I surely don't.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Quite agree. This latest attack was targeted at tourists, because it was in the International Departure section of the airport. In all respect for their "tight security" how did they get through the doors of the airport?

Another terror attack in a very volatile area.

• 3 weeks later...

Many have pulled out already, Regent has not featured it at all in 2016 , so most if not all Black sea ports are off limits, Crimea has never returned since 2014 annexation. Sad but inevitable, few people are booking Turkey at present and 2017 has to be wait and see!!

They may be right or they may be bluffing.

If you let the bad guys win, then you might as well stay in your house and never leave.

WE are going regardless.

We agree with your thoughts. We will not let them try to intimidate us! We feel that it will be fine, if things change and we are not able to go to a certain port, I see that some ships are going to Sicily instead. We don't plan to ever just stay in our house.