Can I bring a corkscrew in my carry-on?

James in SA

Does Carnival security have any problem with a corkscrew in your carry-on bag with the allotted bottle of wine? They seem to be much more reasonable than the airport guys who imagine a thumbtack as a lethal weapon.

Is a folding corkscrew with the usual small 1 inch dull foil knife considered a dangerous item by our guys? :eek:

Thanks! :)

I would think its ok. Someone claimed scissors are ok under 4 inchs but I measured and didnt look like my blades were 4 inches, but close that they had a issue with. Luckily they were only $3 scissors.

Are you going thru the port of Galveston?? They seem to be the worst right now, any other port should be ok. Iv brought a regular corkscrew onboard and np.

We were on the Freedom for the 2/27 cruise and my wife had our corkscrew with the one inch blade for the foil attached and the carryon got pulled at Security. We were taken to the side to have the bag searched and the item removed. What appeared to be the supervisor came over and ended up allowing my wife to bring the corkscrew on, but she did say that they planned on cracking down for the spring breakers.

Next time I would just put it in the checked bags or bring a corksrew without the little knife.

I'm packing, can you tell? :) Yes, it is Galveston, Firefly. I'll just throw it in the checked baggage and avoid any issues. You are right, I can just get one from our room steward if I REALLY feel the urge to uncork a bottle of wine before the luggage arrives. :D

Does Carnival security have any problem with a corkscrew in your carry-on bag with the allotted bottle of wine? They seem to be much more reasonable than the airport guys who imagine a thumbtack as a lethal weapon.

Is a folding corkscrew with the usual small 1 inch dull foil knife considered a dangerous item by our guys? :eek:

Thanks! :)

good question. but i am wondering about my carry-on bag for the plane ( i dont check a bag ). i might have too wait untill i get too the port city the day before the cruise and pick one up for the ship.

We had it in our carryon at Port everglades and it was not a problem. It really wouldn't matter if it was in your carryon or checked luggage. They both get delivered to your room. On a plane if it is in your checked luaggage you have no access to it.

Archived