Can you walk on with your luggage?

moongal

Thanks for all the responses and info! Hopefully our luggage will fit the measurements. I have to get hubby to drag it down from the attic so I can measure them. We've only done the one cruise, but it took so long for our luggage to arrive, I began to worry that it was lost. So I would really like to be able to carry it on.

That was not true on the Dream. They all had the X in the bank of elevators that was nearest our room, and remained that way for several hours-we tend to stay in the center of the ship so it would be the center set of elevators that were like this. There were also MANY valet luggage carts piled high with everyone's luggage waiting to be delivered to the cabins.

I would imagine that different ships handle this differently.

Your large bag probably won't go through scanner. Needs to be carry on size.

This is incorrect. People misunderstand the measurements all the time. The way we buy luggage is measured by the length of the bag which doesn't matter at all to carnival scanners. most 24-29" cases (as we buy them) will fit through the scanner as long as they are not wider than 24" or taller than 16" when laying flat.

Hope that helps explain it a bit better.

This is incorrect. People misunderstand the measurements all the time. The way we buy luggage is measured by the length of the bag which doesn't matter at all to carnival scanners. most 24-29" cases (as we buy them) will fit through the scanner as long as they are not wider than 24" or taller than 16" when laying flat.

Hope that helps explain it a bit better.

This would explain why my suitcase made it through. It is definitely larger than airplane carry on size, but is not more than 24 wide, or 16 high when laying flat. Thanks. Still, I think I would rather check it in, so next time will look around for porter before I enter the building.

Our 30" large suitcase fits thru the scanner..You just have to make sure that you do not stuff it full or expand it with the zipper.

The porters will try to tell you that you will not be able to carry it on..they are lying..

We have gone thru Galveston many times, with the same size luggage, and have had no problem.

The hardest part is getting the case up on the belt for the scanner..lol.

Have fun!

• 11 months later...
Our 30" large suitcase fits thru the scanner..You just have to make sure that you do not stuff it full or expand it with the zipper.

The porters will try to tell you that you will not be able to carry it on..they are lying..

We have gone thru Galveston many times, with the same size luggage, and have had no problem.

The hardest part is getting the case up on the belt for the scanner..lol.

Have fun!

Same here- the Scanner at Galveston is bigger than what the Carnival site says. However, the security doorman may try to make you check the luggage.